Oil Pressure sender unit 2.8 td

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure sender unit 2.8 td

Hi guys i was wondering if you anyone has the Mitsubishi part no. or generic part no. for the oil pressure sender unit for the 4m40 turbo? The one for the oil guage in the cabin. Mine is spurting out oil onto the battery! Not much though.
    Cheers,

Andy

For anyone who is interested i obtained the mitsubishi part number for the part in question ME201692 cost is $136.50 inc.

Does anyone know if an aftermarket part is available??

Comment

Andy I could not find an aftermarket one after trying several shops. I bought genuine (ouch). One clue though that I got from our local diesel guy was to mount the oil sender remotely and connect to the block via a hi pressure hose and fittings. That was about 8 months ago. Seems from others on this forum that the 4M40 is hard on oil senders due to vibrations. I can post a pic next week if you like.
      regards Robert

Comment

Originally posted by 6mdx View Post
        Andy I could not find an aftermarket one after trying several shops. I bought genuine (ouch). One clue though that I got from our local diesel guy was to mount the oil sender remotely and connect to the block via a hi pressure hose and fittings. That was about 8 months ago. Seems from others on this forum that the 4M40 is hard on oil senders due to vibrations. I can post a pic next week if you like.
        regards Robert
        that is an idea - could you post the pic up on this thread if you could.
        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

yes next week

MSO is away with the camera. Robert

Comment

Hi.
            Just purchased a aftermarket oil pressure sender unit to suit 4M40 motor.
            Unit no is TPS005, from Bursons in Morwell.
            Price $56.71, with RACV membership discount.
            Hope this helps someone out.
            Seems to work fine so far.
            Old one was giving inconsistant readings.
            Cheers Rob.

Comment

I bought one sometime ago from SuperCheap, about $35, as I recall. complete kit with gauge, threw that in a drawer. Seems to be ok, no worse than the original and no flaky readings. I do check it occasionally with an much better(read expensive) hand held oil pressure gauge. I have never had any problems with it. It's not remote mounted or anything, comes off the fitting I use for the bypass filter.

Robin

Scruffy NL 2.8TD(but at least I own it.)

Comment

Whilst i'm sure that your SuperCheap auto oil pressure sender will probably be fine, i would be spending a bit more and getting a better brand.

My factory oil pressure sender started leaking oil 1/4 of the way from perth to melbourne. The car wasn't leaking any oil at all, then when i filled up for pertrol, i noticed it dripping oil. I saw that it was coming from the oil sender, but not on the thread, but where the bolt connects to the sender bit. I didn't have any thing to fix it with, and there wasn't any mechanics open, so i keept going, hopeing that it wouldn't get any worse, and it didn't. Just had to top up the oil every petrol stop. ended up putting in 5L of oil to make it to melbourne. And while it all worked out ok, if the sender unit decided to leak a bit faster, or come loose completely, it could of been a different story.

I ended up getting a complete vdo gauge and sender in melbourne, and didn't have to put in any oil on the way back. Was much more enjoyable!

Not to sure about the remote mount idea, the vdo instructions said only to remote mount in high rpm motors, such as racing motors.

But would definetly reccommend a bolt the right size to plug the hole where the sender screws into, incase it starts leaking. Although it will probably never happen again, just another item to add to the tool box.

Shane

Originally posted by BBP View Post
                I bought one sometime ago from SuperCheap, about $35, as I recall. complete kit with gauge, threw that in a drawer. Seems to be ok, no worse than the original and no flaky readings. I do check it occasionally with an much better(read expensive) hand held oil pressure gauge. I have never had any problems with it. It's not remote mounted or anything, comes off the fitting I use for the bypass filter.

Robin

Scruffy NL 2.8TD(but at least I own it.)

Comment

did the VDO sender bolt directly up to the factory thread Shane?

I'm thinking about replacing mine too

Cheers,
                  Jayden
                  NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

remote mount of oil sender photos

hi guys here are some pics of what i did, regards Robert
                    Attached Files

Comment

I was fed up with switch that Mitsubishi put in after the original sender unit got an oil leak.
                      Found this thread and tried the TPS005 myself.
                      Work fine and gives the correct reading on the original gauge.
                      However I noticed that it is not necessary to use a hose.
                      If the top screw on the part that holds the sensor is slightly loosened you can turn the connector for the sensor by about 15 degrees, giving enough room to mount it directly where it should be.
                      One other thing to be fixed is the cable attached to the sender unit, it tends to break off due to vibration, a cable clip holding it in place at the hose next to the sender takes care of that.
                      Hope it will help someone.
                      '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                      Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X