Changing Plugs on early 3.8 NP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Plugs on early 3.8 NP

Looking for info on procedure to change spark plugs on early 3.8NP, removal of manifold and all that jazz ?
    Borgy

Standard NW GLX-R 3.2 Auto.........nothin to flash

the only info to this question is make sure you have a good plug spanner that has different extension bars plus a swivell rachet drive. i dont think you need to remove the manifold for this easy job, sometimes its very handy to have a Gregory maintanance manual .
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

You DO have to lift the manifold. I did this on our 3.5. From memory there are six or so bolts that go through the plenum that I undid and was able to move it enough to get at the plugs without disconnecting too much plumbing. I did it without the manual and found it fairly straightforward / obvious. I can look up the torque settings if you need them.

EDIT: had a look at the workshop manual I have but it shows a different manifold on the GDI (Jap market) engines where it seems you do not have to lift it to get at the plugs. From further distand memory you are only actually lifting off the plenum chamber, with the manifold staying in place. A series of bolts down the middle of the plenum hold it in place as well as a support bracket on the side (s).
      Last edited by psproule; 01-02-08, 06:51 AM.
      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

sorry for my previous reply as i was thinking 3 litre v6. yes as mentioned previously the manifold must be raised to remove the plugs. whats going on with todays tecno ? alot of work just for a simple replacement of all things the sparkplug.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Thanks guys for heads up...I thought as much. It is going to mechanic for 100K service so while he has his head in there I'll pay him.
          Borgy

Standard NW GLX-R 3.2 Auto.........nothin to flash

Comment

100k, thats the big dollar service. t/ belt, w/ pump and plugs plus other minors.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X