CV & Shaft assemblies brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV & Shaft assemblies brands?

I need to get a new CV & FWHub. Mitsubi garage want $2500 to fix one side and a pair of FWHubs which seems excessive. Has anyone try aftermarket CV & shaft assemblies from brands such as peddler?

Also i need a new set of FWHubs. have a set of AVH's but he garage reckon this might be the cause of the failure which i find hard to believe. anyone had problems with these.
    The problem was the retaining ring which holds the CV into the hub broke which left the shaft to move about & cause damage.

Model/year etc of pajero?
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

its a 1998 triton ute V6

Comment

ebay aust has some new aftermarket hub assemblies , have a look.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by Daren View Post

Mitsubi garage want $2500 to fix one side and a pair of FWHubs which seems excessive.

Also i need a new set of FWHubs. have a set of AVH's but he garage reckon this might be the cause of the failure which i find hard to believe. anyone had problems with these.
          that's dear !!

I'm wondering if the vehicle's been raised... that'd pull that clip to the point it breaks..

Used to hear problems with the scoobies (subaru's) with lift either pulling shafts out of the diffs or snapping off that retainer ring you mentioned.. because the shaft couldn't accomodate the length difference throughout the suspension travel... too short on full extension and concetina'ed on full compression.... and no-one makes variable length live shafts for them

Also shouldn't make any difference whether the hubs are auto, manual or locked... would be to do with that shaft getting yanked back against the hub all the time.
          'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X