Time To Hit MITSUBISHI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Hit MITSUBISHI

after looking into this front sealed wheel bearing assembly that mitsubishi have done only for the reason of more money in the spare parts pocket, i feel something should be suggested to the designer of these to fit a simple grease nipple to the middle of the bearing hub so if you feel its time to apply some grease due to the wheel area being under water or such, atleast you can feel more confident by giving the bearings some grease relief rather than hoping will they be ok in a month or so. technology of motor engineering should be alot better not alot worse. whats happened to the good old days where the rear axle bearings were oil fed by diff oil and the front bearings could be easily removed and re greased by the back yard guy. i won,t go any further with the new design engines as in accessability ect ect for a simple job that could have been. what do you guys reacon ?
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

I wouldn't tell them anything... they aren't practical minded people.. they deal in numbers (academics)...

...and they design things in such a way so that those that don't think outside the square (other academics) pay the high prices more frequently...

...because it looks more complicated than it is or they simply just don't have the confidence to 'have a go' at fixing it than buying off the manufacturers' spare parts shelf.

I've been putting nipples on so called sealed stuff for years like tie rod ends, ball joints, relay boxes, pitman arms, need I go on... simply because I grew up around machinery and everything that moved had a nipple. That's where the idea came from and what I continue to put back if it's not there. The hub housing looked very similar to the pulleys on the harvester which were centre fed by a nipple.

Just home engineer it like I suggested and keep the secret squirrel... the academics will figure it out when the sales drop off that we've found a way around their designing... as we always will.
    'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

yeh, thats another thing that blows me out, the non existance of grease nipples on tie rods ect ect . i have a Ford Courier work ute that developed an enoughing sqeak for the top wishbone suspension, after looking closely around this area i noticed there were small bolts inserted to where the cheap grease nipples should have been in the first place, how much would 4 grease nipples cost [ $4. ] plus all the other steering componants have no nipples fitted.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

re:time to hit mitsubishi

hi cant agree with you more they took the grease nipples away to cut on costs
        but not to us as we have to buy new ones when they wear out
        only on the older one's that you will find grease nipples all over them
        i should know lol as i work for mitsubishi as a service tech
        mitsubishi should put them back as i dont mind when i am working on a car or pajero or what ever to go round and make sure they are all greased up
        cheers from liam

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X