Pajero NM engine vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajero NM engine vibration

I have a noticeable vibration/resonance coming from beneath the driver when the RPM is between 2100-2200 in neutral or drive. Anyone else experienced this. I have the 3.5l V6 model

I don't really know too much about your vibration, but, using Mobil 1 got rid of most of my engine vibrations.
    Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Originally posted by skipintara View Post
      I have a noticeable vibration/resonance coming from beneath the driver when the RPM is between 2100-2200 in neutral or drive. Anyone else experienced this. I have the 3.5l V6 model
      i cured mine by eating less brussel sprouts and baked beans :-)

Comment

Hi
        I have two NP 3.5l exceeds in the family one with 55km and the other with 85km and both have that vibration at 2200rpm, both in neutral and at speed where you can feel it in the peddles and wheel. It is annoying me as it is at around 100km/hr I can feel it.

I was originally concerned it was serious but as both cars do it I think it is an exhaust resonance related. My logic is that the resonance goes above those revs and as with uni joint noises that can travel along the drive train and appear to come from somewhere else, it is not unusual for the noise to appear to come from front of car.

I am also not going to let someone work on it unless it breaks as my experience is they can not change oil without spillling it everywhere let alone find a harmonic vibration somewhere.

Oh and one car uses Magnatec oil and the other I dont know.

Jason

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X