Spare Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Parts

Hi I am looking at buy a Paj. In my journeys through the car yards I also went to Toyota.

One of their claims is that getting spare parts in the outback for Toyota is no a problem.

What is the Paj like. Do people have trouble getting spare parts for the Paj when off the track a bit.

Also the new Paj seems many specific requirements on which oils should be used.

Does any one know about their availabilty as well?

Thanks
    Richard

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    Hi I am looking at buy a Paj. In my journeys through the car yards I also went to Toyota.

One of their claims is that getting spare parts in the outback for Toyota is no a problem.

What is the Paj like. Do people have trouble getting spare parts for the Paj when off the track a bit.

Also the new Paj seems many specific requirements on which oils should be used.

Does any one know about their availabilty as well?

Thanks
    Richard
    Depends on how far off the track you want to go. If you're moving away from the major centres (i.e. away from the coast) then I agree that you should be carrying oil, filters, hoses and belts - or be prepared to wait for them to come into town.

As an example, driving Brisbane to Adelaide for Christmas, the aircon fan belt went - the only one I wasn't carrying. Next town was St George, which I would have thought was big enough - but they didn't have a fan belt the right size. Fortunately, one size up or down (don't recall which) was close enough. I now carry three spare belts whenever the Paj leaves town.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Does not give a person a load of confidence, if you have to pack ya car with spare parts when driving between major cities.

May be the Prado and other toyotas have an advantage there - ie availability of spare parts.

What we ne need is a pajero network where if get caught like that some other paj diving by would pick up the part and drop off for you as there sure is enough of them on the road - ya can only dream

Richard

Comment

I'd be asking the Toyota bloke why am I going to need all these spares, is there a problem with them breaking all the time?
        On the off chance you may need some spare I wouldn't let this dictate what vehicle I bought, there are plenty of other important things to worry about like reliablilty, and performance.
        Just take the basic's with you such as belts and filters. If you snap a conrod or spin a bearing somewhere beween Alice and Perth I don't think it matters what brand your driving, your stuffed.

Comment

Brett that is a good way to look at it

I reckon the Toyota guy had a point though and I say this not to slag Pajero either (as I am in the process of buying one).

It will come down to being prepared I guess. I must admit I would probably not worry about packing spares if going between major cities but I am a bit concerned about the specific requirements this new model has (eg you have to buy your oil from a Mitsubishi dealer as can't get it any where else - at the moment), in case of a problem.

Any way time will tell.

Rich

Comment

So anywhere apart from Mitsu I can get belts/pipes for an NP DiD before I head into the wilds?
            Peter
            2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Bursons, Repco, Autobarn et al. Have bought bits from all three including hoses (for a petrol though).
              16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
              10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                Bursons, Repco, Autobarn et al.
                I obviously need to get my eyes checked then
                Peter
                2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X