New DiD NP Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DiD NP Chain

I went to MM today and asked when the Timing Chain should be changed? But the Service Manager had No Idea? So I went to Spare Parts and asked how much for New Chain? $265. The question is When should it be Checked or Changed? Of Cause the Guides etc. would get done at the same time.
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

I am thinking to replace mine + tensioner at 225kkm major service. Mitsu Eastside advised at the last service that mine tensioner is worn off ($165 including labor) but the chain was within specs. Just wondering how much would chain add up to $165?
    $265 for a new chain don't sound too scary compared to engine rebuild.
    For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

I imagine it will be the cost of the labour that hurts the most, not the cost of the parts......
      Cheers, Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by maasau View Post
        I am thinking to replace mine + tensioner at 225kkm major service. Mitsu Eastside advised at the last service that mine tensioner is worn off ($165 including labor) but the chain was within specs. Just wondering how much would chain add up to $165?
        $265 for a new chain don't sound too scary compared to engine rebuild.
        IT'S WORN OFF! Are you joking? If that is the Top Guide, You better Stop Driving it! Top Guide is only 25 bucks so the rest is Labour, The Engine Will Explode anytime!
        NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

OK. So we all know that the top guides and timing chain
          Has a problem
          Has anybody thought to contact somebody like
          JP engineering or Harrop engineering to see if they an come up with
          A bolt in idea of a new style of top of top guide & possibly a double row
          timing chain replacement kit ..
          By the amount of chat out there ,There seems to be a big enough market
          in Australia & possibly world wide for it...
          It reminds me of the old holden red six & eight .
          The eight had a single chain but double row sprockets.
          The six had Bakelite timing gears until somebody started making them from all
          sorts of stuff from plastic coated steel too straight cut alloy's..
          Regards.

Comment

for $26 for a replacement part and an hours labour every 90,000K's...Why bother?

I'm yet to be convinced the chain and side guides are a problem
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

It was just a thought & there are plenty of aftermarket ideas
              out there.its just finding the idea to fix your problem wether it be a locker /
              fridge or timing chain...
              Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
                IT'S WORN OFF! Are you joking? If that is the Top Guide, You better Stop Driving it! Top Guide is only 25 bucks so the rest is Labour, The Engine Will Explode anytime!
                Top chain guide was replaced once I bought the car
                For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

Originally posted by maasau View Post
                  Top chain guide was replaced once I bought the car
                  Don't Scare me like that dude, I was having Nightmares thinking they sent you home with a stuffed Top Guide, now I can relax again. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X