Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange start up tonight.

Gday,
    This morning when I got to work, I parked and stalled, thought I had turned it off but hadn't. When I started up tonight, check engine light stayed on . When it did start, I thought I heard a clunk/knock, not loud, but not sure if it was the ariel going up, just made me think did I hear something. Anyway, I digress.
    I thought bugger, turned it on and off a couple of times. On the third time I thought I would see how it revs, and it wouldn't idle above about 1800 rpm, and blew a tone of I think it was white smoke. I crapped myself and switched it off.
    I sat there for a couple of minutes, and for some reason gave it another go. All ok, check engine light not on, no smoke and running fine.
    Could stalling it this morning triggered an error that caused a hissy fit? I stopped a few times on the way home, and no issue when starting.
    Am I correct in that white smoke is cold combustion? Could it be my glow p,ugs have are giving up on me?
    I am going away for the weekend tomorrow, and this is going to be playing on my mind.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

White smoke is a sign of low combustion temps. However I highly doubt your glows are doing much this time of year anyway. I've heard of a few hissy fits like you mention previously. I would just take it away if it seems to be fine now. Other things you could try if it plays up again are performing an ecu reset and download the check engine codes for diagnosis.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

Thanks for that, just gives me a bit o peice of mind. Will keep the rest in mind andif it does it again get the codes.
      Cheers,
      Andrew.
      Cheers,
      Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Touch wood, this has not occured again. Went away on the weekend and ran fine.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X