Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS front CV replacement tip/advice?

G'day guys
    Will be changing the front busted CV next week. Any tips?
    Never replaced a CV on any car before.

Have the manual and it looks easy but to those that have done it what caught you or you could have done easier?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Goodsy
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Just replaced a CV boot last weekend and had never done one on a car only a 4 wheel motor bike.
    Member binda did a good step by step for replacing the cv boot so similar steps to replace the whole cv. Also 4x4wire.com/Mitsubishi/tech/inner_cv was also helpful. I didn't take the speed sensor off and unbolted the three bolts that hold the top and bottom ball joints in because even though I had a proper ball joint tool they wouldn't come apart, just as easy to undo the three bolts that hold the whole ball joint in.
    I didn't take the bash plate off and when I pulled the cv out,oil dribbled out of the diff and onto the top of the bash plate, so today I took the bash plate off to clean the oil off because I was sick of smelling diff oil. Also wanted to check diff oil level as I wasn't sure how much had run out. Also took the intercooler out and cleaned it inside and out as I noticed a lot of oil around the outlet side while I was fixing the cv boot.

Terry
    2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter, Engine Watchdog. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Comment

Thanks
      I've also been told there are 2 CV's listed for my NS. One with a larger ABS ring 25mm deep compared to a 3-4mm deep ABS ring. Any thoughs.
      Width the same.
      .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Can't help with CV sizes but just thought make sure you have the brake line on the right side of the top ball joint when you put it back together or you will have to pull it apart again.
        2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter, Engine Watchdog. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Comment

Working...
        X