Diesel parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel parts

Why do diesel items such as oil and air filters cost so much more than their petrol counterparts? I know the oil filter is around 4x the size but even so...
    "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Air filter. No idea what your talking about. Same for diesel and petrols in the gen 3 and 4's anyway.
    Oil filter. It has to do a lot more work and filter finer. Some are dual filters.
    half full flow other half bybass low mircon.
    Reason then cost more is simple. They cost more to make.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

It's like when you add the word Baby or Motorbike to an item.
      Adding the word Diesel to something makes it sound more exclusive and special so it comes with a price tag to match
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

It all depends on where you buy the filters.
        Genuine oil filter is about $50 and genuine fuel filter is about $65 if you buy from a Mitsubishi car dealer.
        I'm getting exactly the same genuine fuel filter for $19 and fleetguard oil filters for about $22 each from a Fuso truck dealer.....
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Different brand but I use Nippon Max filters and just had a filter pack. Air, fuel and oil arrive at my door for $70.
          I don't call that expensive.
          Genuine would be another story.

Also my 2.8L diesel Hilux took a Z9 oil filter. Probably the cheapest oil filter you can buy.
          .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X