Water pump o ring leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump o ring leaking

After doing a major service on my 2002 nm pajero 3.5l petrol with timing belts, cam seals and a water pump. I noticed a pool of coolant under the car over the weekend. Its the first time since ive done the service and its been a few months ( i have a rather clean driveway and i notice any mark)

Upon inspection it appeared to be leaking in the valley of the motor. At the moment it doesnt leak under pressure but more when its been sitting for a day or so.

I had a mechanic have a look with his bore scope and he confirmed it was leaking (dripping) from the water pump oring area (were the water pump and the pipe meets on top)

Has anybody replaced this oring by pulling the top manifold off and doing it via the top instead of pulling the timing belt and water pump out.

ANY ADVICE WELCOME ???????????

Doing it from above in my opinion is easier.
    You are best to grab new manifold gaskets as well. Make sure to drain alot of coolant out into a bucket first. Nose down or flat ground when doing this is the best method I've found when doing this.
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X