NP Auto changing down on coast down hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP Auto changing down on coast down hill

Hi guys not had my np long noticed the other day on a long down hill run I slowed for a corner after straightening up still coasting the trans changed down to third from fifth, is this normal???
    Thanks

Yes. This is normal.
    Put into manual mode if you don't like this.
    For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

Thanks, was just surprised when it happened .

Comment

Yep, they are Smart Trucks, its handy going down big long hills as it saves riding the brakes all the time, I only have to touch the brakes every now and then, saved me a few speeding tickets also.
        NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher View Post
          Hi guys not had my np long noticed the other day on a long down hill run I slowed for a corner after straightening up still coasting the trans changed down to third from fifth, is this normal???
          Thanks
          Hi Gopher

Have you noticed that when you reach the bottom of the decline and you are in 3rd and go to accelerate away it holds the lower gear for too long?

Like stated before selecting manual mode is the only way to avoid the downshifting

Cheers Glenn
          NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
            Hi Gopher

Have you noticed that when you reach the bottom of the decline and you are in 3rd and go to accelerate away it holds the lower gear for too long?

Like stated before selecting manual mode is the only way to avoid the downshifting

Cheers Glenn
            Yep, mine does that too. Quck shift of the selector to manual and back again to D make it go to 5th.
            2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
            2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Comment

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
              Hi Gopher

Cheers Glenn
              Mine doesn't seem to stay in third for an abnormal time. Guess I am getting used to it now lol.
              Thanks for all the feed back.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher View Post
                Mine doesn't seem to stay in third for an abnormal time. Guess I am getting used to it now lol.
                Thanks for all the feed back.
                If you don't like this,next time you are going down a long steep hill,just accelerate a little,this will "tell" the g/box you don't want it doing that, and if you do want it to do it again,the next time you are coasting down a big long hill and it gradually increases speed you simply lightly touch the brakes a couple of times, this "tells" the g/box that you want to hold THAT speed down the hill. Tried to explain this once before and the comments said " way to complicated", so obviously much more satisfying to complain! The facility is there,and easy to get used to.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X