Ball joint replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball joint replacement

Got a good price on Ebay for a ball joint kit. Was quoted $68 for the RH Lower and got a set of 4 for $104 delivered..

Had to replace the RH lower as it was totally knackered. What a PITA this was to change. Had to remove the hub assemble to remove the three retaining bolts. All up about 3 hours work.. upper only took another 10 minutes to change.

As I got a kit with all 4, I've decided I will change the left side tomorrow ( bit of preventative maintenance)..

Cant wait LOL
    2001 NM 3.5ltr manual, 2"Lovells lift, D694 LT265/70/16, ECB alloy bar, Hella lights, Uniden UHF, Rhino track mount and basket, Cargo barrier, awning, Home made drawers.

Yeah the lower ones are a pain, I managed to replace them without removing the hub. Had to give it a tap with the hammer but it can be done mate. Mines is a 2003 model.
    2003 DID Shogun, 10mm Alloy bash plates, OME suspension, sliders, Set of BFG AT 265x70x16 & 235x70x16 Insa Special Track Extreme muds.

Comment

I did the left side today.. after knowing that it would be easier to remove the hub, a 3 hour job on the RH side took 1 1/2 hours on the left. Happy now that I have 4 new ball joints. In for a wheel alignment next week and then happy travel days.

Cheers Lenny
      2001 NM 3.5ltr manual, 2"Lovells lift, D694 LT265/70/16, ECB alloy bar, Hella lights, Uniden UHF, Rhino track mount and basket, Cargo barrier, awning, Home made drawers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X