Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4D56 Engine

Dear All

My 2.5 Turbo diesel engine gave up the ghost today.

Can any one please direct me to a place that does engine swap over?s

Cheers

OOPs make that Melbourne please

Comment

cant help but....

sorry cant help but if any-one reading this post can help,I need to know if a 1984 model pajero[4d55t] motor can be replaced /interchanged with a 4656t and what problems can be encountered. thanks in advance.

Comment

Gearbox's and wat not were the same, theory says it should near just drop straight in.

Comment

Originally posted by 6G74 View Post
          Gearbox's and wat not were the same, theory says it should near just drop straight in.
          thanks,has any one in this forum ever done this as its gonna cost me if i,m wrong. but i agree with 6g74,s comment.

Comment

Physically it shoudl bolt straight up to the box, the mounts may be different, if you could check this you may save some muckin round. Worse case you may have to fabricate somethign, all the same id be confident for it to be a fairly easy job

Comment

Update

I found a place on the web called ?Engines plus? in Cheltenham, and took my Pajero there. Steven quoted me $2550 for a low mileage Jap import engine, plus $750 installation cost. I was shown the engine running on the test bench. All the vitals looked good.

Has any one used the services of ?Engine plus? yet

Comment

Originally posted by Witwa View Post
                I found a place on the web called ?Engines plus? in Cheltenham, and took my Pajero there. Steven quoted me $2550 for a low mileage Jap import engine, plus $750 installation cost. I was shown the engine running on the test bench. All the vitals looked good.

Has any one used the services of ?Engine plus? yet
                What,s wrong with the old motor?did you blow it or did you do something to the head? A jap motor [import] here in Brisbane costs about $3000 and another $500 to fit it,if buying a 2nd hand motor make sure they do a compression test,if engines are us cant do it ,find someone who can before you commit.the imported motors have to use an aussie fuel pump as the jap ones will start leaking in a couple of weeks,something to do with theyre fuel standards are different to ours,

Comment

Remember, a low milage Japaneses engine could have the same 'running time' as the one you are replacing due to their traffic conditions.

Comment

http://www.dieselspares.com.au/

You can get a kit from these people and rebuild the motor yourself for alot less money.

Comment

Suggestions and Questions

Might sound a little iffy but there have been a couple of brand new 4D56T engines floating around on ebay.com.au lately... costing round about $3600 +$100 delivered.
                      Been thinking about it myself lately, but an engine rebuild might be a cheaper option, depends on what actually went wrong with your existing motor.

I have been having a little trouble with my 4D56T at the moment, I'm in the process of rebuilding it from the ground up, just took the stock turbocharger in to get serviced and received a call today from the repair center quoting over $590 for a rebuild.
                      If anyone has the specifications or suggestions on replacement turbochargers or where I can get my hands of a good 2nd hand turbocharger please let me know.

Cheers,
                      Luke

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X