clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch

Hi all, any one had the plessure of changing the clutch in a 1993 NJ V6 pertol model or simular, mines slipping and have been told it needs a new clutch. Thinking of doin it myself.............Any hints would me great........First one would be get someone else to do it, I can't aford that............

Cheers.........
    1993 NJ LWB 3.0ltr Manual. Maxxis BigHorns 32x11.5x15. UHF. Roof rack. Spotties. Home made rear shelf.
    Dual Batteries with RedArc and home made battery tray. Home made mud flaps. Winch.

get someone to help..........heavy box man

Comment

Does it constantly Slip?

You can try to take the car up to 3000 RPM in 3rd gear. press the clutch in, Rev the engine up to 5-5000 RPM, then bring the clutch back in suddenly. if the engine rpms snap back to 3000 immediately, your clutch is fine. if it takes it's time returning to 3000 RPM You Possibly have a slipping clutch.

Try adjusting the Clutch Pedal free play to see if it will help with your clutch Slipping. This Adjusts the free play you have.
      NJ Shortie 3ltr
      ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X