Engine Missing on Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Missing on Idle

I have a Slight Problem with the Paj when on Idle.

Just done A service changing Oil Filter, and spark plugs on the weekend. After the Service was done, I noticed when on Idle that the Engine has a slight Miss (Sounds like a poping noise from the exhaust or slight backfire, Quite Noticeable as I have a 2 1/2" exhaust system and Sports Muffler) but when Driving, everything is as Normal and Smooth as it could be.

I Had checked to see if the Leads were on tight, re-inserted the Spark Plugs again just incase one was not tightened properly or too tight.

Around 2 months ago, I have cleaned the Injectors, 1 year ago changed the ISC Motor, The Spark Plugs have been replaced around a year ago also.

Now I have ran out of basic Diagnostic Ideas on what it could be. It has me wondering Why after replacing the Plugs this has occurred and why does the Engnie Still run Smooth when Driving.

Does the 6G72 have Dissy Points in them? Any other Advise would be great.
    NJ Shortie 3ltr
    ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

No Points...............sorry Not That Simple.
    Check Compressions............slight Burnt Valve I Would Say.a Comp Test Will Confirm.

Comment

Might be a croock plug or lead (just cause they're new doesn't mean they're good) Try putting the old ones back in as a test.
      It's very easy to damage the leads getting them off, so might need to try another set of leads.

A slight misfire on idle will sometimes not be apparent under load.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

If the battery has been disconnected upon servicing, it might affect the ECU.

However, the ECU will self-adjust and become normal after a few trips.

Comment

Check for a vacume leak around the inlet manifold.
          This may be the source to your problem if its not leads or plugs.
          Regards

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X