Exhaust thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust thingy

So after a weekend of 4wding I found this wire hanging down under the paj. Turns out I snapped the sensor off the exhaust(its a lil bit in front of the cat converter). Im guessing its a O2 sensor or some crap. Anyway car seems to be running the same and no engine check light. Do I need to get this fixed or can I leave it or what.

Cheers Jack
    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

The ECU requires this sensor to adjust the air/fuel ratio. Without it it "should" show a check engine light. As it hasn't I'd say it has reverted back to it's factory defaults. You'll probably notice loss in power and increased fuel consumption, not to mention increased gas emissions
    I'd replace it first chance I got
    UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
    $6500

Comment

You can usually find replacements on ebay. I bought one from enginesensorsystems for our NM. You need to replace it.

Pat
      16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
      10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Well funy thing is it broke off wile I was 4wding 300kms from home. Seemed just as powerful and fuel efficient on the way home. But here comes the funny thing the paj used to blow smoke but not since this sensor came off.
        1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

Which probably means it was actually faulty before the wires came off.

Peter
          2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

The O2 Sensor does not come up on the Check Engine dash it only records it in the log.

You might not notice a power difference, but you will notice your fuel consumption abit more and a sulphur smell from the exhaust. A O2 sensor lasts about 100 000Kms, Just like a spark plug, this aswell needs replacing at a certain time. You should replace this as soon as you can. They normally go for about $90 for a Bosh one at auto spare parts shops.
            NJ Shortie 3ltr
            ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
              You can usually find replacements on ebay. I bought one from enginesensorsystems for our NM. You need to replace it.

Pat
              how many O2 sensors on the NM?

Comment

One, down underneath after the two engine pipes join. Fairly easy to get at and replace.
                16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X