Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG Steering Arms

Hi Everyone,

I've got some wheel wobble in the front of my NG and my mechanic has told me that it's the idler arm and pitman arm joints. Just a few questions to ask about them:

Anyone had these replaced before in an NG or similar Pajero?
    Anyone know where to source parts like these? Are they Mitsu OEM stuff or can i get after market replacement parts?
    Any ideas on price i should be expecting?

Any help or ideas at all are welcome!

Cheers,
    Greg
    1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Experienced wheel wobble in my NG when driving speed reaching 60 Km/h. Wobble disappeared from around 65 km/h onward. In my case, the wobble was caused by worned front wheel bearings. Driving returned normal after replacing the wheel bearings.

Comment

Thanks Shun!

Ive spoken with the mechanic and tyre power in cranbourne and they have both told me the same thing, that it's the idler and pitman arms.

The wheel wobble isnt notivable when driving, but when on the hoist if one wheel is held, the other can move 10mm either way.
      1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

hi , i replace about three sets of bushes in every idler arm, never had the wobbles, mines a diesel, they lean pretty heavy on the front end,recently replaced cost $50 non gen

Comment

Cheers!

Mines also a diesel and they do lean forwards a fair bit. Apparently i need whole new arms cause the ball end is worn so it's not just a matter of bushes.

I got a quote of $125 from ROO DOGS 4wd spares in adelaide. Has anyone else dealt with roo dogs or know of any cheaper places?

Thanks,
          Greg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X