Pajero subframe drop/body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 06 np vrx View Post

Very interesting mate watching with interest.

Jim
    What are you interested in the most out of my kits? Will get you more info. And I have other plans aswell once lift kits are 100% sorted

Comment

More wheel travel is hat interests me the most.

jim

Comment

More wheel travel is hat interests me the most.

jim
        In both the front and rear? My kits will get a couple of extra inches both ends up and down travel will increase.

Comment

Sounds very good mate, it's the front that needs it most.
          I am not interested in sub frame drops or huge lifts, just max wheel travel with no more than 2 inch lifted ride height.

Jim

Comment

Hi NS07Shorty,

How are you compensating for the increased working angle of the driveshaft joints, when you increase the wheel travel?

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
              Hi NS07Shorty,

How are you compensating for the increased working angle of the driveshaft joints, when you increase the wheel travel?

OJ.
              It will only have extra travel offroad. So driveshafts and bushes will only be in there normal working range during normal driving conditions. So it will only be when you lift wheels or on big angles which are conditions most people will be taking it easy and way trying not to roll over

Comment

Screenshot_20220310_100817_com.google.android.youtube_edit_80199003819532.jpg
                Sounds very good mate, it's the front that needs it most.
                I am not interested in sub frame drops or huge lifts, just max wheel travel with no more than 2 inch lifted ride height.

Jim
                Ahh OK cool 1 way of getting extra travel is by getting different offset rims as changing the offset to wheels with more poke will increase the amount the wheel moves up and down on its radius. And by adding balljoint spacers or extended balljoint it will stop the Ucas from hitting the strut which limits down travel and damages the strut. Even on a 2" lift the uca will hit the strut

Comment

Originally posted by NS07SHORTY View Post
                  Ahh OK cool 1 way of getting extra travel is by getting different offset rims as changing the offset to wheels with more poke will increase the amount the wheel moves up and down on its radius.
                  That only makes a significant different on solid axles, where the axis of the wheel swings with the axis of the drive shaft. On the Pajero's independent suspension the control arms keep the axis of the wheels much closer to horizontal as the axis of the drive shaft swings, so any change in travel created by moving out the CoG of the wheel/tyre is significantly less.

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

That only makes a significant different on solid axles, where the axis of the wheel swings with the axis of the drive shaft. On the Pajero's independent suspension the control arms keep the axis of the wheels much closer to horizontal as the axis of the drive shaft swings, so any change in travel created by moving out the CoG of the wheel/tyre is significantly less.
                    Yes but still makes a difference none the less. And combined with ball joint spacers or extended balljoints that will stop contact between strut body and uca can add inches of travel that currently wasn't possible

Comment

Do you sell the ball joint spacers or extended ball joints?
                      Is it just the top ball joint or can you do the bottom a little also?
                      Can you share some more details.

Jim

Comment

Do you also have any shock/ strut options that are rebuildable/tunable?

Jim

Comment

Do you also have any shock/ strut options that are rebuildable/tunable?

Jim
                          Yes I do alot of new shocks are rebuild able. And I have options that have compression and dampening adjustments they are the more expensive options but I have options to suit most budgets images - 2022-03-12T185344.335.jpg Screenshot_20220227_004347.jpg Screenshot_20220302_235751_edit_106065968280685.jpg Screenshot_20220302_163211.jpg SUP-REM-RES-STRUT-640x480.jpg SUP-REM-RES-PIN-EYE-640x480.jpg Screenshot_20220115_002543.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

I had Dobinson MRRs in the rear, until they required the last rebuild, when Dobinson could no longer source suitable bushes for one end. They offered me a good price on MRAs for the rear, but their standard kit is designed for the remote canisters to mount behind the rear diff - where I have an auxiliary fuel tank. The hoses are too long to curl up in the wheel arch, and my request for a set with short hoses hasn't received a response.

Do you have enough influence as a re-seller to encourage them to find a solution?
                            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                              I had Dobinson MRRs in the rear, until they required the last rebuild, when Dobinson could no longer source suitable bushes for one end. They offered me a good price on MRAs for the rear, but their standard kit is designed for the remote canisters to mount behind the rear diff - where I have an auxiliary fuel tank. The hoses are too long to curl up in the wheel arch, and my request for a set with short hoses hasn't received a response.

Do you have enough influence as a re-seller to encourage them to find a solution?
                              I can definitely find that out for you I know with carbon offroad they are willing to do custom products for me

Comment

Some kit updates
                                Join pajformance or pajformance products on facebook for full info IMG_20220519_122457.jpg IMG_20220515_130126_edit_28576688109699.jpg IMG_20220515_120804.jpg IMG_20220519_183229.jpg IMG_20220504_113800.jpg IMG_20220504_113756.jpg IMG_20220504_113751.jpg IMG_20220425_141815.jpg IMG_20220425_115706_edit_171695647930048.jpg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X