• Originally posted by jaffles View Post
      The wheels have fallen off

image widget

Who’s wheels jaffles

Comment

• Tukino Skifield Access Rd

Tukino Skifield Access Rd.jpg

Tukino Skifield Access Rd Mount Ngauruhoe.jpg
        2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• past life with a Defender, the yerning for the outback still as strong as ever

def.jpg

Comment

• 62079EBF-BA70-4D43-A94C-00ACECF759D0.jpg
            Tassie

Comment

• Mount Ngauruhoe

Mount Ngauruhoe.jpg

2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• It amused me
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
                  Mount Ngauruhoe

Mount Ngauruhoe.jpg
                  you are killing me rgrubby. Mountains, mood, big skies, just hard to have a bad time in NZ. Well unless its pissing down. We try to go to NZ every second year tramping before covid stopped all that. Gee I'm keen to get back.
                  Got me a little plan to go the spine of Ngauruhoe to camp on top wile crossing to Tongariro. Thought it would be nice to see the sun set and rise from the same point. Kids aren't keen of course as its a bit of a grunt and still active. I tell them could die in a plane, but there is snow up there so we have water and a bed base, a cool steam pipe for novelty, and another amazing memorable experience of your life is waiting.

But that could be NZ in a nut shell. Keep this pics coming.

Comment

you are killing me rgrubby. Mountains, mood, big skies, just hard to have a bad time in NZ. Well unless its pissing down. We try to go to NZ every second year tramping before covid stopped all that. Gee I'm keen to get back.
                    Got me a little plan to go the spine of Ngauruhoe to camp on top wile crossing to Tongariro. Thought it would be nice to see the sun set and rise from the same point. Kids aren't keen of course as its a bit of a grunt and still active. I tell them could die in a plane, but there is snow up there so we have water and a bed base, a cool steam pipe for novelty, and another amazing memorable experience of your life is waiting.

But that could be NZ in a nut shell. Keep this pics coming.
                    Yeah there are some parts of this country that captivate me every time I see them. Plenty of amazing places in Australia too from what I've seen on the various off road YouTube channels.
                    There would be some amazing views from up there. Mt Ngauruhoe has a low volcanic alert at the moment. When I was there last new years (when I took these photos) one of the neighbouring volcanoes had a raised alert level, and after our White Island eruption a couple of years ago it was something to take seriously.

Comment

• Yes I'm aware they are monitored, and have advised the kids we won't just be going hell or high water. In fact having been to White Island I will be talking to a few people in the know well before we go anywhere near Ngauruhoe. Thats the beautiful thing about NZ though, the authorities monitor but still let you have an adventure if its deemed relatively safe. In Aus we'd just shut it down and gate it.

Comment

• Oteake Conservation Park

At the base of the velley

Oteake Conservation Park 1.jpg

Looking back down the valley where we came from

Oteake Conservation Park.jpg

Heading off to find the hidden lake

Oteake Conservation Park Rd to Hidden Lake.jpg

Comment

Yes I'm aware they are monitored, and have advised the kids we won't just be going hell or high water. In fact having been to White Island I will be talking to a few people in the know well before we go anywhere near Ngauruhoe. Thats the beautiful thing about NZ though, the authorities monitor but still let you have an adventure if its deemed relatively safe. In Aus we'd just shut it down and gate it.
                          It sounds like you've seen some great parts of the country already. The hiking around Ngauruhoe should be amazing. The Tongariro Alpine Crossing is apparently a great day walk.

Comment

• I gave my phone to a teenager and said "Take a photo of me and my two boys?".

This is what I got back.

It's the Mundi Mundi lookout near Broken Hill. It's one of those places that takes your breath away - it's like standing at the edge of the world.

MundiMundi2.jpg
                            NX GLX, Nudge Bar, Auto-mate, Stedi Light Bar and LED globes, Rhino Vortex Racks, Sandgrabbas, Nautia pocket, GotyaCovered and Wheelskins covers, Kings/Oztec suspension, Aux Lithium battery in rear, Kaon Table

Comment

• Originally posted by DeeTee View Post
                              I gave my phone to a teenager and said "Take a photo of me and my two boys?".

This is what I got back.

It's the Mundi Mundi lookout near Broken Hill. It's one of those places that takes your breath away - it's like standing at the edge of the world.
                              Awesome.....buy the boy a beer. Great imagination, creativity, balance, and perspective. Even kept it level.

Comment

• Cape Palliser

Cape Palliser 1.jpg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X