Shrek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAV View Post
    Awesome. I'm sure mines leaking. Do you know what brand the filter assembly is?
    It's a "FuelManager" 100 Series. http://www.dieselcare.com.au/fuel-manager-filter

I haven't put a new filter in it yet, not sure where to buy one from?

I'm in Bardon, if you ever want to pop round and check it out.

Last edited by BrisVegas; 25-11-12, 11:10 AM.
    'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

Here's a few pics from a holiday trip up at Imbil and Rainbow Beach. Haven't been there for 18 months and the new suspension made a big difference to how it handled the soft & rutted sand. Dropped the tyres to 20psi (could prob have gone to 15 in retrospect) and it sailed through everything. Finally did the run all the way from Double Island to Noosa, which I've been wanting to do for ages.

Having the fridge and rear storage on board made lunch on the beach a stress free affair too! About the only thing I wished for was a roof awning to throw some shade.

'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

Hi BrisVegas - Dieselcare in Toowoomba have quoted me $345 for their NS suitable Stanadyne fuel manager secondary filter kit posted to Burleigh Heads. Is this what you have fitted? If so, are you happy? If not, does anyone reckon this extra insurance against bad fuel is a good idea? Cheers - Drew
        NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Comment

Originally posted by BrisVegas View Post
          Here's a few pics from a holiday trip up at Imbil and Rainbow Beach. Haven't been there for 18 months and the new suspension made a big difference to how it handled the soft & rutted sand. Dropped the tyres to 20psi (could prob have gone to 15 in retrospect) and it sailed through everything. Finally did the run all the way from Double Island to Noosa, which I've been wanting to do for ages.

Having the fridge and rear storage on board made lunch on the beach a stress free affair too! About the only thing I wished for was a roof awning to throw some shade.

ahhh, bewdiful double island - love it up there!
          1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods

Comment

Originally posted by DrewW View Post
            Hi BrisVegas - Dieselcare in Toowoomba have quoted me $345 for their NS suitable Stanadyne fuel manager secondary filter kit posted to Burleigh Heads. Is this what you have fitted? If so, are you happy? If not, does anyone reckon this extra insurance against bad fuel is a good idea? Cheers - Drew
            Is that just for the filter element or the entire housing and setup etc? I don't have a secondary filter, my dieselcare setup replaced the OEM one as it was buggered and the diesel mechanic couldn't get a replacement in a timely manner. That price sounds about right for the whole setup I think.

Mine seems to work as well as the OEM one, as far as I can tell. I haven't replaced the filter in it yet, was told to do that at 20,000km.

Comment

The $345 is for a secondary filter system with brackets and bits and pieces specifically for the Pajero. They only developed this pajero kit just before Xmas and it seems to me to be fairly cheap insurance. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else using any brand of secondary fuel filter and what they think of the unit and concept.
              NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Comment

Got Shrek back from Autodent yesterday, all shiny, after having the hail dents pulled out. They even fixed up a couple of carpark dings while they were at it. Would have had it fixed sooner, but just didn't have the cash for the insurance excess lying around... :-(

Comment

Ah have to love fresh paint. The only upside of small prangs/hail
                  Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcatcher View Post
                    Ah have to love fresh paint. The only upside of small prangs/hail
                    I wish. No fresh paint, it was all done using Paintless Dent Repair. It doesn't look that flash up close, but then it never did. :-)

Wash, polish and shiny tyre spray and it looks a million bucks.

Comment

• Looks very nice and shiny!
                      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Originally posted by BrisVegas View Post
                        No good news on the bar unfortunately. Next week is
                        the last chance before we go away on hols, so will get the deposit beback if needed.

Pretty frustrating, as we wanted the bar for some peace of mind against roo strikes.

I spoke to TJM on friday and will get an airtec snorkel fitted instead.
                        When I ordered my ECB bar the supplier was able to look on the computer how many were in stock (in QLD) and it was down to Adelaide and fitted in a bit over 2weeks.
                        2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

• I've had the crazy temperature gauge issue for most of this year. It started out getting up in the top half of the gauge on long climbs (ie. Bruce Highway up past Nambour etc.) so I put a new radiator and hoses in it before last Christmas. Obviously it kept doing it and has started doing it nearly all the time lately. It moves up and down so rapidly, it makes sense that it's just a dodgey gauge as I don't think water could change temp that quickly. It's very unnerving, so i've been keeping an eye on the overflow bottle and it hasn't moved. This week, I've had to drive the car a lot more than usual and it's been going straight to H and staying there and now the aircon has started cutting in and out. related?

So, last night coming home I pulled over and checked the overflow bottle and it was bone dry. I filled it up at a servo and drove the couple of kms home. The top radiator hose and the top tank on the radiatior didn't feel particularly hot, so I'm worried my thermostat may have stopped working this week?

This morning it was bone dry again and the car wouldn't start. My glow plugs are stuffed, so it usually takes a couple of goes first thing to start it, but even after hooking it up to another car and cranking it several times, it wouldn't kick over.

Has it overheated and cooked the head ?

Would Highway Diesel be the best place to have it towed to? (They did the fuel pump rebuild on it 12 months ago). The car is at Parkinson (SW Brisbane) atm and I'm pretty stuck without it.

Any advice or help greatly appreciated, thanks. :-(

Comment

• Have you checked the wiring? Failing that I'd be looking at the thermostat. It's the only thing left unless the tuning is way out and the egt's are way up
                            "Life's best in low range"

Comment

• Originally posted by NAV View Post
                              Have you checked the wiring? Failing that I'd be looking at the thermostat. It's the only thing left unless the tuning is way out and the egt's are way up
                              I don't know how to check the wiring, sorry. The tuning should be ok I'd have thought as it's been running fine since the pump rebuild 12 months ago.

I suspect the thermostat has packed it in and got stuck closed, allowing the engine to overheat. It drained the overflow bottle and I was getting the oil warning light and a low, lumpy idle. Been reading that the oil light can indicate that it's gotten too hot.

I checked the oil level and it was normal and black on the dipstick. So, if water has gotten in there it hasn't made it go milky. I was going to check for bubbles in the radiator, but I couldnt get it started this morning. I didn't want to take the cap off last night while it was running, as it was hot. One mechanic mentioned it might have cracked through from one cyclinder to another on the head, as it's turning over fairly quickly but doesn't seem to have any compression.

I've made a couple of calls today and will have it towed to somewhere to investigate for me. I don't have the skills to fix it myself. Hopefully the head is not cracked. The quotes to pull apart and diagnose and replace either the head gasket or the head were $2-3k....

I'll fill it up with water and see if starts tonight and then look for bubbles in the radiator.

Comment

• If it hasnt been pumping the coolant out its probably not a cracked head or blown gasket. Nine used to do trips around town ok but when I was on the highway the pressure in the engine leaked through the gasket and over pressurised the cooling system and pumoed the water out.

Yours may be a fouled or faulty injector and or glow plug. Has it been putting out smoke at all?
                                "Life's best in low range"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X