My Delica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Delica

Been lurking here a while and finally got round to this.
    Its a 3/97 Delica Super Exceed, 2.8 intercooled turbo deisel -4M40.
    Since getting it stock standard I have 2" lift from Ironman - coils, torsion bars and shocks, 1" lift from 31" wheels, fitted the flares, bash plate, snorkel,a fire exstinguisher, tinted the windows (all roof windows too) as well as some other bits and its now only a four seater.

Thomsons Dam on the way to Woods Points

Murrindindi

Flex

Dirty

Toolangi

Lerderderg Gorge

Yep she's BIG

Cheers
    Last edited by Rexy; 06-02-08, 12:23 AM.
    Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj
    '02 NM Exceed, Lovells shocks and springs 2" lift, 32" Maxxis Bighorns MTs, ARB bull bar, 9500lb Warn winch with rope, snorkel, Lightforce driving lights, diff breathers, TJM sump & trannie bash plates, UHF, GPS, doovalackkies, fire exstinguisher, Rhino Rack & tray, Dual Batteries, whatchamicallits, Fourby Fitouts rear storage system, Engel 40L, fold down table, extractors

Nice machine mate. The pic next to the disco really puts things in perspective!

Comment

Hey Rexy nice rig one qestion how does it go off road is it a bit top heavy?
      Mitsubishi Triton 3.2lt Diesel, Snorkel, 265/75/16 Cooper ST's, ARB Canopy, Elec rust protection, 40lt Engal fridge, batery pack, Outback drawer system

Complete Campsite camp trailer

Comment

nice to see another Deli being used off the beaten track
        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Some nice shots Rexy. And good looking Delica. Have to book you in on the next Forumites Day and watch it in action.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Glad you like

Top heavy ?? I think it is no more so than most fourbies with some roof top luggage ( think Troopies for eg ) and I put all my stuff inside, heavy stuff down low.

I'm booked in to do the 4WD training course at the end of the month, after that I reckon I'll join the club properly and do a few Big Day Outs ( forumites included).

Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj
            '02 NM Exceed, Lovells shocks and springs 2" lift, 32" Maxxis Bighorns MTs, ARB bull bar, 9500lb Warn winch with rope, snorkel, Lightforce driving lights, diff breathers, TJM sump & trannie bash plates, UHF, GPS, doovalackkies, fire exstinguisher, Rhino Rack & tray, Dual Batteries, whatchamicallits, Fourby Fitouts rear storage system, Engel 40L, fold down table, extractors

Comment

Roll over angle.....??

This one stayed rubber side down.

One of my first offroad trips with www . delicaclub . com

No one else tried this bit......

Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj

Comment

A couple of new pics from driver training day

Not real deep but there a drought

Thanks Alex86 for last pic
                Last edited by Rexy; 09-03-08, 10:03 PM.
                Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj

Comment

Originally posted by Rexy View Post
                  \
                  Not real deep but there a drought
                  At least there's a little bit of a wave!

Hope you like the photo...
                  '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                  Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

Actually I was pretty impressed with the articulation on the Delica on the Training Day. Bit more wheel travel than the Pajeros
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                      Actually I was pretty impressed with the articulation on the Delica on the Training Day. Bit more wheel travel than the Pajeros
                      Dave
                      Is this coz the deli has a 5link rear?(not sure if it is 5link) as aposed to the gen2 paj 3 link?

Jack
                      1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

That's an awesome looking Delica mate. I love them, i'd love to get one. Good to see one off road, i only ever see them onroad.
                        What's the fuel consumption like with the 2.8 deisel? Do they still have a 92L tank the same as the LWB paj?
                        1997 Pajero Evolution

Comment

G'day Rexy,
                          It's a big rig in person and it's great to see some pics of it's capability off road. I'm sure it would give my swb a run for it's money! You're not going to get too much use out of the winch with that sort of performance
                          NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Eastie - the winch is still unused

5 Link Suspension...??? Not sure what that is exactly BUT the solid rear axle appears to be connected to the body by 5 points and the drive shaft.....

Fuel ecconomy depends a great deal on driving style -
                            Lead foot 15L /100km
                            Off road easy / moderate 4WD 13 to 14 L / 100km
                            I usually average 12.5L / 100km with aircon. 60/40% city / hwy
                            The tank is small 60 L ( + 15 L with warning light)

Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj

Comment

thanks all for the possitive responses.......

So heres a couple more pics

Out back of Gembrook with www.delicaclub.com

And a pic of my old Subie Forrester and MTB

Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X