2010 NT Pajero VRX Modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 NT Pajero VRX Modding

Hey guys, been reading the forum for a while and getting alot of useful advice prior to getting my paj...and now I've finally got it I couldn't be happier! This is my first post so thought I would start a thread to keep track of the mod's I make as I do them, stay tuned for more and enjoy!

2009 MY10 Pajero VRX Pearl White

To date:

Electronic Brakes
    2" Lift Dobinson coils and shocks, HD Front, Medium Load Rear

Stock:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by samrenny; 18-12-13, 08:59 PM.
    2010 NT Pajero VRX Pearl White

- 2" Dobinsons Lift - Xrox Bar - Electronic brakes - Rhino Pioneer Rack - Roo Systems awning - TJM Airtech Snorkel - K&N Air Filter - 82ah Dual Battery system - Waeco CFX-65DZ - Custom rear drawer - 3" Xforce Turbo back Exhaust System - Bushskinz Bashplate - Redarc EGT and Boost Gauge - 285/65/r18 Nitto Trail Grapplers -18x8 CSA Raptors - 1000mm Korr XD500 LED Bar -

Lift

Dobinsons 2" lift went in Monday, very happy with the way it rides, tested it out on a very rough overgrown dirt road and the results were excellent, unbelievabley smooth! Especially compared to my old Triton 2x4 Went HD front for the future bullbar, which I plan to the be next mod, and Medium Load in the Rear
    Attached Files
    Last edited by samrenny; 06-11-13, 04:55 PM.

- 2" Dobinsons Lift - Xrox Bar - Electronic brakes - Rhino Pioneer Rack - Roo Systems awning - TJM Airtech Snorkel - K&N Air Filter - 82ah Dual Battery system - Waeco CFX-65DZ - Custom rear drawer - 3" Xforce Turbo back Exhaust System - Bushskinz Bashplate - Redarc EGT and Boost Gauge - 285/65/r18 Nitto Trail Grapplers -18x8 CSA Raptors - 1000mm Korr XD500 LED Bar -

Comment

After measuring all four corners before and after lift I found that the front drivers side was still sitting about 17mm lower than the passenger side. I decided to take her back into Dobinsons and get them to have a look. To their credit they didn't make me wait around , getting onto the job straight away so it was ready for the double island trip the next day. They ended up putting in some heavier springs, resulting in even more lift in the front and the drivers side now sitting within 4mm of the passenger side. Very happy with the end result

Also added a set of Thule roof racks for the boards and rods, happy to report no noticeable increase in noise. Had an awesome weekend, with no plowing thanks to the lift. The paj performed even better than I could have expected in the sand, getting through boggy areas my mates 4.2 patrol with 4" lift and 33's got stuck in

Go the paj!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by samrenny; 11-11-13, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Looks nice mate

Is the ride firmer with the Dobinsons?
        2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

The above post is my own personal view and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by treads View Post
          Looks nice mate

Is the ride firmer with the Dobinsons?
          Yeah mate definitely firmer, and much smoother. I found the stock suspension to be far too soft, even on road. Much more comfortable both on and off road now. Had the rear seats folded up and loaded with Eskie's, food, camp gear etc and the ride was still just as good

Comment

Well Christmas came early last week when a family member gave me a TJM Airtech snorkel After a bit of searching on the forum and seeing a few recommendations from people, I had her all booked in with the boys at TJM Geebung with only 2 days notice. Even though they were extremely busy they were very helpful and managed to find an opening for me (I work away so the next opportunity wouldn't have been till the new year).

Upon picking up the car, I have to say that I was very happy with the result; the Airtech looks awesome! And on closer inspection of all the cuts and seals, I couldn't fault their work. Cuts were neat and had been rust proofed, and all seals were clean and tidy.

I never expected any noticeable increase in performance, however I was surprised to find that the turbo actually spools up slightly quicker, and there is no longer the massive dead spot in the high rev range, giving the paj a noticeable increase in power...Not to mention the spool is made louder through the snorkel, it sounds that good I've taken to driving with the radio off and my window down!

All in all Its safe to say I'm wrapped with the way it's turned out, and along with the new roo systems awning she's really starting to come together nicely!

(sorry for the long writeup and poor quality photo, sitting in my room writing this from a phone with nothing better to do )
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, coming along well!
              If you want an increase in performance, try fitting a chip!
              I like the sound the snorkel makes too!

I reckon the TJM Airteh looks great. Nice and sleek.

Cheers,
              Sally
              SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

Cheers! Yeah definitely suit the look of the car I think...how do you find your DP chip? I was thinking of going with an exhaust before a chip, both give a pretty good increase from what I've heard?

Comment

Originally posted by samrenny View Post
                  Cheers! Yeah definitely suit the look of the car I think...how do you find your DP chip? I was thinking of going with an exhaust before a chip, both give a pretty good increase from what I've heard?

Hi Samrenny,

We find the DP Chip fantastic!

I would go the chip before the exhaust, as we did. The chip is so noticeable - lots more power and acceleration, no turbo lag and more power.

Had the bigger exhaust done a few months ago - think it complements the chip well, but the most noticable of the two was the chip. Nice deeper sound with the exhaust though!

Cheers,
                  Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
                    Hi Samrenny,

We find the DP Chip fantastic!

I would go the chip before the exhaust, as we did. The chip is so noticeable - lots more power and acceleration, no turbo lag and more power.

Had the bigger exhaust done a few months ago - think it complements the chip well, but the most noticable of the two was the chip. Nice deeper sound with the exhaust though!

Cheers,
                    Sally
                    anks for the advice Sally, how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? I got quoted $980 fitted on a custom 3" system which is tempting... but chip might be the way to go, first up anyway. Your paj looks awesome btw, very well kitted out!

Comment

Hi Sam,

Thank you! Yeah, has taken about 4 years and lots of cash, but as we're keeping this Paj as the tow car for many years, hopefully it's worth it! We sure have fun with it!

The DP Chip was $1450 fitted at TJM Nerang.

I looked long and hard at a couple of others, inc the Steinbauer, but no one could come close to the 6 year warranty on engine, driveline and trans, that DP offered.

WIth a nearly $60K car, wasn't going to take chances to save a few $$!

Here is the link if you want some reading.

http://www.dpchip.com/home/4wds/

Have a read of the waranty stuff. We never have to take it out for servicing at the dealer, which I like too. Berrima Diesel seem very tranparent and proud of their chip.

I don't have an affiliation with them. Just good feedback.

Cheers,
                      Sally

Comment

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
                        Hi Sam,

Thank you! Yeah, has taken about 4 years and lots of cash, but as we're keeping this Paj as the tow car for many years, hopefully it's worth it! We sure have fun with it!

The DP Chip was $1450 fitted at TJM Nerang.

I looked long and hard at a couple of others, inc the Steinbauer, but no one could come close to the 6 year warranty on engine, driveline and trans, that DP offered.

WIth a nearly $60K car, wasn't going to take chances to save a few $$!

Here is the link if you want some reading.

http://www.dpchip.com/home/4wds/

Have a read of the waranty stuff. We never have to take it out for servicing at the dealer, which I like too. Berrima Diesel seem very tranparent and proud of their chip.

I don't have an affiliation with them. Just good feedback.

Cheers,
                        Sally
                        Awesome, well I'm thinking I'll wait till the 32's go on before I look seriously into the chip...when I'm whining about the loss of power

Comment

Took the paj out for a day trip to Somerset yesterday, in an attempt to beat the scorching 44 degree heat! All I can say is, the awning proved invaluable, with no trees available for shade we managed to fit 4 boys and camp chairs, an esky and and a fold up table to use the new 2 burner stove. Parked right on the water it made for an excellent day
                          Attached Files

Comment

A few new additions recently: Dual battery all set up (82ah deep cycle), picked up my new waeco CFX-DZ 65, and a mate and I made up a set of rear drawers!

Super happy with how the paj is coming along, camping and day trips are made just that much better with the waeco, and the drawers are super convenient!

Comment

Your rig is coming along nicely!
                              I would look at changing the stock rims if you plan on doing a bit of off roading as the stock rims/ wheel studs are very temperamental are could cause you grief if you need to change one out on a track.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X