New NW - Now for the fun to start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NW - Now for the fun to start!

I took delivery of my new MY14 GLX-R last week and drove it home from Melbourne. I love driving it; however the good wife loves it even more! It's hard to get the keys from her!

It's bog stock at the moment; but an ARB Deluxe bar and Hayman Reece hitch have been ordered. All I've done so far is take out the 3rd row seat, put it in storage and throw my recovery gear in to the underseat area.

We took it for it's first outing on Monday and visited William Hovell Dam. I've never owned an auto 4WD before so I was keen to do a couple of easy tracks in low range. I was actually pretty impressed with it's engine braking.

A pleasant picnic lunch beside the dam was the highlight for the little one

I filled it for the first time yesterday - 65L for 557k's (11.67L/100km). That's a bit more than I expected; but I'll do a few more tanks before I take too much notice.

I ordered a TJM battery tray that I'm hoping to pick up this week. Once that's in and the bar is on I'll be moving the following over from the Defender:

105Ah AGM Deep Cycle
    Voltage Sensitive Relay
    Engel 40L Fridge
    600W Pure Sine Wave Inverter
    TJM 9,500Lb Winch
    Lightforce XGT's with 55W HID upgrade
    Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
    Uniden UHF
    2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

The above post is my own personal view and not that of my employer.

My local ARB dealer rang today - The colour-coded Sahara bar, Hayman Reece Hitch and ECU loom are being installed late next week.

The only 'hitch' (pardon the pun) is that Mitsubishi hasn't provided the spare wheel lifting kit
    2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

Comment

Whats that on your back window ?
      MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
      Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

Originally posted by wrexy View Post
        Whats that on your back window ?
        Just the sun shining down through the wind deflector onto the dust.

Comment

Nice Colour, doesnt show dirt.
          2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

Originally posted by treads View Post

The only 'hitch' (pardon the pun) is that Mitsubishi hasn't provided the spare wheel lifting kit
            hi treads, Does the LIFTING KIT allow opening of rear door when caravan is hooked up to a Hayman Reese 250kg WDH?

Nice colour btw, same as mine which I picked up the other day. Is yours man or auto? I'd expect better fuel economy once the engine loosens up.

One essential thing (for me) I've ordered is RERVERSING SENSORS beep-beep type. Less than $20 off eBay. I need these as well as the camera at my age (O: I fitted them to my MN Triton which I've just sold and they are a life-saver.

Cheers
            Tony

Comment

Tony, can u post the ebay link, I'm also looking at sensors, why not, parking in tight spots and small cars I cant see, although my towbar is a good reminder when I'm too close...lol, cheers
              2013 NW GLXR tugs a tribe around in an Outback Expanda 14.44.4(modded), 2002 NM GLS gonski but not forgotten
              Expandas Downunder Forum Member

Comment

Originally posted by tascamper View Post
                hi treads, Does the LIFTING KIT allow opening of rear door when caravan is hooked up to a Hayman Reese 250kg WDH?
                I'm not sure. Install is tomorrow

Comment

ARB Colour coded Deluxe bar and Hayman Reese hitch were installed on Friday. I spent yesterday running wiring looms through the firewall before bolting in a TJM battery tray. I then wired up my Lightforce XGT's (HID), rear merit outlet and under-bonnet LED strip light.

I'll put my 10,000lb T-Max winch on after I get a chance to service it. I picked up some 10mm Dyneema winch rope on special the other day, so I'm looking forward to replacing my wire.

Comment

Hi Treads, nice vehicle, hope to be getting mine (GLX) this month, if the dealer is to be believed. With your extra battery, ARB bar and winch up front do you reckon you'll need a suspension mod?

Phil
                    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
                      Hi Treads, nice vehicle, hope to be getting mine (GLX) this month, if the dealer is to be believed. With your extra battery, ARB bar and winch up front do you reckon you'll need a suspension mod?

Phil
                      Probably!

Comment

Hi guys I too have had my GLX-R for a few weeks now very nice to drive fuel economy 9.3 to 11.9 around town. Have a TJM colour bar on order.

Comment

Well she's not quite bog stock any more. I've moved the start battery to the new TJM tray and put a 100ah Ultimate AGM battery into the old position. A Traxide USI-160 went in today to control the charge.

The LED strip makes working in the engine bay very easy. The switch for it is just to right of the bonnet stay. I ran antenna cable and installed the raised feed UHF antenna on the bar.

Lastly in went the UHF, Traxide control module and a cupholder power outlet (I'll clean it inside soon ).

I'm pretty happy so far

Comment

New 144w Lightbar fitted last week

Comment

Your build is coming together nicely.

Couple of questions, any particular reason you went a cup holder power outlet? I am planning on putting 2x usb and another cigarette plug down by the passengers leg mounted to the console and just wondering if you didn't go down that path for a reason?

Also are you worried about damaging the light bar in that position? I've seen a couple of 4wd's with them there and cringe at what if you slam it into a rock ledge or something.
                              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X