The build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The build up

4 months ago I bought a 94 NJ for weekend trips away. At the time I thought I'd be keeping it pretty simple but the bug bit and it bit hard. So here's a few picks of the build. The real message I wanted to get across is that this really is not an expensive exercise on a Pajero. A mate of mine bought a wrangler at the same time as me and he hasn't been able to do anything to it as it costs so much. The Pajero is another story all together. I bought the Paj for $5500, got the winch bar off Gumtree for $500, Snorkel from eBay for $115, 33" All Terrains with wheels for $800 and sold my existing set for $450. Lift with GQ springs cost $0, free off Gumtree. So in total $6415 and I now have a Paj that will take me anywhere.

Next up is roof rack, just waiting to weld up new brackets. I also picked that up for free on a verge collection. After that some rock sliders which I'll weld up myself and then some spotties.

Going to do the Mundaring Power Line track on Sunday to see how she goes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonymOz; 16-11-13, 10:12 AM.
    2011 NT 3.2, ARB bar, UHF, roof bars, dual battery, Lovells / Bilstein 2" lift, 12000lb winch

Nice one. Youve done well, and now can sit back and enjoy the fun.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Looks great mate, this is how I want to go with mine. Just need to get off my arse and do it. Did you change the rear shocks when you did the gq spring lift?
      1992 NH GLX V6 3000 5sp manual. Stock as a rock (at the moment anyway )

Comment

Haven't done the shocks yet. She goes well with the standard shocks and the extra lift means better clearance so I don't see the need to change them just yet. Most of the driving I do is beach and sand but when I start needing more flex I'll probably do the upgrade - not expensive. 4 Runner shocks at about $120 off ebay is the popular route.
        2011 NT 3.2, ARB bar, UHF, roof bars, dual battery, Lovells / Bilstein 2" lift, 12000lb winch

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X