Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NP Project

Hi,

Just a bit of background - I'd been looking for a 4WD for a good 12-18 months. Had my heart set on a turbo diesel 80 series or Nissan Patrol, but could never find one with the right combination of mileage and price. I finally decided to give the Pajeros a crack, initially I had dismissed them because of the perception that they are "soft" and less capable than the cruisers and patrols. I came across a nice looking NP (dec 2003 manufacture) with the right km's for the right price, and decided it was time to pull the trigger!!

A few weekends ago another forum member (Tak) was kind enough to take me out for my first 4x4 experience. Despite a few heart-stopping moments I think that I managed to escape without breaking anything, and must say that I was really impressed with how easily the paj handled the obstacles. The vehicle is relatively stock at the moment, and I have the following mods planned:
    1) Bash plates for the sump and intercooler
    2) Airtec snorkel
    3) ARB bullbar and winch
    4) 50mm lift kit
    5) Rock sliders
    6) A decent set of all-terrains
    7) Anything else I can get with what's left in my wallet

Here's a pic of the 2 paj's at the end of the day:
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum JLo and congrats on the purchase of the Paj.
    Your shopping list looks like a good plan. Don't forget a dual battery system and a fridge though, to keep the beers cool!
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Post the duck dive pics Jlo!
      NP MY04 Auto 3.2 DID 21st Anniversary -ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Smittybilt X20 10,000lb Winch, Airtech Snorkel, Bilstein & Lovells HD 50mm Raised Front and Rear, GME TX3345 UHF & AE4702B Aerial, Phillips X-Treme Vision Headlights, Lightforce 240 XGT's, Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards, Maxxis 771 AT LT 265/70 R16's, Rhino Heavy Duty Roof Racks & Shovel Holder, Foxwing Awning, Stienbauer Performance Chip, EGR System Removed & Blanked, Goodsy's Power Window Mod.

Comment

Thanks Aussie_Dan ... I was just down your way recently, seemed like almost every second car in Adelaide was a Pajero ... but maybe that's because I look out for them more now that I own one!! Any particular batteries that you rate? I've used Optima batteries before for marine applications and they seem great, the thought of having to buy two of them for my car seems expoensive though ....$$$.

Hi Tak, too embarrassed to post them now .... maybe in the techniques section under "How NOT to do a water crossing".

Comment

Originally posted by JLo View Post
          Thanks Aussie_Dan ... I was just down your way recently, seemed like almost every second car in Adelaide was a Pajero ... but maybe that's because I look out for them more now that I own one!!
          No, it wasn't just you. There are Pajero's everywhere down here. I think its fairly safe to say that in Adelaide there are more Pajero's on the road than any other single model of 4WD. I don't know why, but they are clearly extremely popular down here. Maybe a throwback from previously having the Mitsubishi manufacturing plant down here and staff getting good deals on Mitsubishi's?
          As for batteries, it depends on which battery tray you choose, as to what your options are. Some trays hold bigger batteries than others.
          Optima's do seem to get glowing reports but as you have said, they cost an arm and a leg. I'm happy with my plain old wet cell deep cycle.
          Cheers, Dan.
          2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X