Pickles NX GLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

Does this switch off whole tractions ABS etc & switch on just brake control traction?

In other words with Diff lock engaged engine output & brake traction or just the brake part of the traction?
    I don't really follow what you've posted, but let me post something anyway.

Pickle's Pajero has (amongst other acronyms) stability control (aka ASC) and traction control (aka TC, not to be confused with TC aka torque converter... ).

As I understand it, ASC will kill power and selectively brake individual wheels as it sees fit, where TC will only selectively brake individual wheels (as it sees fit). Others seem to have different ideas about what each system does, and I'm happy to be educated.

All Gen 4 Pajeros have a switch (mine's to the left of the steering wheel) to disable stability control (ASC). With the ASC switched off, we can enjoy spirited driving of our Pajeros, revelling in the benefits of 4 wheel independent suspension without the annoying intervention of Mitsubishi's Fun Police (within limits - the Fun Police will return without notice under certain limited circumstances).

The only way to turn of TC is to engage the factory rear diff lock (or probably pull a fuse or relay - I don't know).

You might want the TC off to do hectic skidz (is that the correct vernacular? ) in 2wd, or some people find it intervenes too much in sand. Or you might want the TC to operate on your front wheels while you have your rear diff locked in a low traction environment.

TC loom mods such as those initially offered by Vladguan, and now these by foreign interlopers , allow the driver to choose when to have the TC off, and when to have it on.

I don't believe they affect ASC operation, but again, happy to be educated.

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Originally posted by nj swb View Post

TC loom mods such as those initially offered by Vladguan, and now these by foreign interlopers , allow the driver to choose when to have the TC off, and when to have it on.

Someone on the forum was nice enough to share the below, as you can see the traction is controlled in a couple of ways, one is by cutting engine power & one is by Adding braking.

When we engage diff lock, we kill it totally according to this table, not just the engine revs part of the system etc.

I have also noticed this mod pop up, Vlad has some issues & considering Crono's myself.

I am just wondering as i've never heard any complaints about Vlads, how does this one work & does it witch off/ On all function? Just braking or what does it actually do?
      We may nor know the answer as yet, but i wanna know

Looks like now i look at table, should just be braking as engine should already be out of the loop once 4HLC etc is selected

Also happy to be educated.
      Pajero_ABS_etc2.jpg
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

• IMG_20210120_171900[1].jpg IMG_20210120_171817[1].jpg
        Well got that in good time but going away to the High Country on the wknd and no time to fit.....bugger.
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          IMG_20210120_171900[1].jpg IMG_20210120_171817[1].jpg
          Well got that in good time but going away to the High Country on the wknd and no time to fit.....bugger.
          Fitted now . Was a mission that should not have been . Anyway got there in the end. Hopefully try it out next wknd,
          IMG_20210305_134639[1].jpg IMG_20210306_170823[1].jpg
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Well battery no 3 fitted today. See if this one lasts the distance. $179.00 A5439786.jpg
            Attached Files
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Hello , That pic of the screen in your Pajero , is that a gps app in apple play or something you’ve added ? Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Yalata View Post
                Hello , That pic of the screen in your Pajero , is that a gps app in apple play or something you’ve added ? Cheers
                Nup, not Apple Car Play or Android Auto. Casting screen from phone using HDMI
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                  I have last weekend fitted Vlads system, Traction ON/OFF

I think it kills everyone, Skiddy car light & all the other lights are illuminated as it would be, diff locked.

Not sure with Diff locked & traction ON if skiddy car was illuminated or not? This needs further investigation.
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X