Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my paj

35s on

Pic 1 is of my first car 89 SWB vitara (loved that thing so much i thought It deserved a show). Next few are of the paj down around Nannup in SW aus. Im on the left. (paj is my 2nd car btw)

Mods are.... pretty short
    -Iron man coils, T-bars and shocks (2" lift)
    -cheapo spotties

New 33 or 32 " tyres coming soon and ARB locka(s) coming l8r

Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 14-08-12, 06:38 PM.
    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Very nice and tidy Pajero you have there. Looking forward to seeing it with bigger tyres...
    1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

A few more little updates!
      Got a new air compressor twin head! No pic. Not sure of its flow rate but its high! I know it draws like 40a when on!!

Another 30mm lift with coil spacers. Bringing total lift to just over 3".(Should fit 33" no probs now)

Had to do some bump stop trimming to get the front up. Front is still down a bit but I dont mind as it sits nice and level with camping gear in it.

ORA free wheeling hubs fitted to save CVs

LoL and some seat covers (swag never leaves the car except to sleep in)

Flex shots (could have gone further but I ran out of ramp)

33" coming within a week!! Will post some pics when I get them!

Cheers,
      Jack
      1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

Looking good... will look even better with the 33's.

i'm thinking of getting free wheeling hubs for mine but I haven't heard of the ORA brand hubs. are they any good? do you know how they compare to the asin or avm's for price/performance?

Later

Mark
        '93 NH GLX LWB - Snorkel - Cargo Barrier - 305/70/16's - Long Range Tank - 2" Body Lift - 2" Suspension Lift - Winch - Overhead console/UHF/Lots of Switches - Dual batts - Factory Rear Locker - Front Lokka - Rear drawers - Compressor & Air Tank - Engine Swap 3.8 VP Commodore v6

Comment

Well you can get these ORA hubs from repco for about $300. They look good as you can see. I do wonder about the strength of the alloy housing but im probably just paranoid! There made in taiwan.

If you have any lift get free wheeling hubs just dont try to shift into 4wdh on the fly with the hubs unlocked! (not that the car moves at all in 4wdh if the front hubs are unlocked)

Cheers,
          Jack

Comment

Hmmm I think this section of the forum should be called "photos/buildups - you and your rig". As this is sorta turning into a small buildup. Also I would love to see other peoples buildups.

Anyway got the new tyres today WoOoOoOo!! Ended up getting 33x12.5x15 maxxis 751 bravos. Not the best money can buy but good value I think. Wrapped around 15x8 ROH white steelies. Got the kewdale tyres to through in a locknut on each rim and a free wheel aliment.

Heres some pics.

Found this one from the Nannup trip I did a few months ago.

Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 25-12-07, 11:05 PM.

Comment

This is what my paj looks like next to a standard one!

Put the old tyres/rims to good use to make the old box trailer more offroady(its a word!!) Trailer is now ready to take 14f surf cat down on our trip this month.

Cheers,
              Jack
              Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 24-02-08, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Had a play the other day nothing to extreme just a bit of a shakedown of the new suspension and tyres. Having said that a standard paj would have had trouble. Like normal missed all the best bits. The camera man had never held a camera before, at least thats what you would think after his shaking badly aimed/zoomed camera work. But I wanted to learn how to use windows movie maker(WMM) so in about 20 min I put some clips and pics together. I think it terned out ok seeing as its the first time I have even looked at WMM. Well here are some pics.

And heres the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9Y4u7F8zk

Cheers,
                Jack
                Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 25-12-07, 11:07 PM.

Comment

So did you fit 33x12.5 on 15" rims?

Any scrubbing so far?

Cheers,
                  Jayden
                  NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Yeah 33x12.5x15 tyres on 15x8 rims. Had it flexed, bounced and lock to lock, no scrubbing what so ever.

Cheers,
                    Jack

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 NJ LWB View Post
                      Had a play the other day nothing to extreme just a bit of a shakedown of the new suspension and tyres. Having said that a standard paj would have had trouble. Like normal missed all the best bits. The camera man had never held a camera before, at least thats what you would think after his shaking badly aimed/zoomed camera work. But I wanted to learn how to use windows movie maker(WMM) so in about 20 min I put some clips and pics together. I think it terned out ok seeing as its the first time I have even looked at WMM. Well here are some pics.

And heres the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9Y4u7F8zk

Cheers,
                      Jack
                      were these pics taken at the kwinana off road area? grteat little spot that
                      95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

some nic pics there but if you remove your swaybars you will get heaps more flex and you wouldnt have any wheel lift.

Simon

Comment

In the 2nd quoted photo you can see front right wheel is about as tucked as id want it (anymore and it would scrub), front left is at full drop(going to get some flat head allankey bolts and chop more stop so it can drop further). So removing front sway bar wont do anything at this point.

Now as far as the back gos. The back right wheel is at full drop(limited by shock), back left could tuck more if I remove the swaybar so I think I will do away with it. Also I think Ill drop the shock down 30mm as I added 30mm coil spacers, there should be no chance the tucked shock will bottom out. Anyway will still have to get the old tape out just to make sure!

Also theres bugger all weight on the back on that shot and the front left is in a big hole made from back wheels digging as they try to get up this section(quite nervy dropping in for the first time). However I know I need all the flex I can get. So this weekend I'll be doing work towards that end will post b4 and after ramp shots.

martin7 yes it is kwinana off road area. And yup I think its a great lil spot too!

Keep the comments coming!

Cheers,
                          Jack
                          Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 04-02-08, 11:02 PM.

Comment

the 15x8 ROH that you have on now...what offset are they?
                            Do you think if I replace 265/70/15 with 33/10.5/15 that I would need to do lift kit on 94 nj swb

Comment

To fit 33/12.5/15(me) you will need 2" lift and off set rims(mine are ROH deep dish sunnies). But will only just scrape in with 2" lift. I think only bfg make a 33/10.5 but this should go ok on a 2" lift and u can put them on ya std mags to (but wont go with no lift).

But with the extra hight that comes with 2"+ lift from sus and 1"+ lift from bigger rubber I think its a good idea to add a bit of width too with some offset rims.

Cheers,
                              Jack

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X