MaxTrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxTrax

Does anyone have any REAL experience with these recovery devices in sand and mud.

I have seen demo's but nothing from anyone who uses them a lot.

I gather if your tread profile is not very aggressive grip could be a problem

I saw a demo once and they seem to work well.
    Only problem is they are a bloody expensive piece of plastic and by the time youve dug out enough for them to go in you could probably just drive off anyway without them.

Cheers
    Adrian
    NW Pajero VR-X
    Currently stock

Comment

I was wondering about these as well. They look good in all the ads, but as mongoose said, very expensive, but if they worked very well.
      Anyone else with comments on the maxtrax?
      Or any other good piece of recovery gear for the sand (apart from a snatch strap)??

Cheers

Josh
      * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
      * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
      * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
      * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
      * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
      * Pajero now sold!

Comment

I have a friend that used to have a pair.
        After the first recovery he was the proud owner of half a pair.
        The other one is still under the mud and can't be found.
        Peter
        2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

GEE!
          Thats not good at all Pete
          Did he end up getting out, or did they break too soon?
          (thanks for the feedback too)
          * Pajero now sold!

Comment

I have seen them used once in the desert last year. On their very first use they broke into about 3 pieces.

But to the credit of maxtrak, I heard that they did replace the unit and give the guy a 2nd set free.
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

What is wrong with the $4 holely rubber mats from BigW or Kmart?

I carried 4 mats on my trip - useful for around the tent too!
              --
              Marquis
              SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Originally posted by peterdeg View Post
                I have a friend that used to have a pair.
                After the first recovery he was the proud owner of half a pair.
                The other one is still under the mud and can't be found.
                hi guys
                I too have seen the maxtracks in a demo and someone asked 'what if they get stuck under the mud ??,,,,you could loose them' fairly obvious solution he reckoned tie a bit o rope on em,,,then pull them out later ???
                All i know is that i would love a pair of them for sand use,,,see what santa brings me this year eh
                cheers cam
                NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

Cam when I was up in the Simmo last year was chatting to a guy who use's a exhaust jack and some old conveyor belt to get him out of bogs in the sand.

Comment

Guys, I have a set and have used them in sand. They work very well and in the sand are quick and easy. In my opinion if people are breaking them they're using them wrong.
                    Slowly does it approach.
                    Also a dam lot safer then an Exhaust airbag Jack any day.

Also they're not plastic they are nylon.

Comment

I'm afraid the best piece of recovery gear for sand is a decent long handled shovel and some stamina.

I've bogged the Rodeo so badly a couple of times the sand was ABOVE The side steps. No way was an exhaust jack (that I was carrying) going to help, nor maxtrax. Only thing for it was heaps of digging to free the undercarriage. Couldn't snatch it back either.

Jason.
                      Jason., Sydney. 2008 DiD Exceed. Silver/Dakar, diff lock, sunroof, towbar, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, tinted, OME 2" lift, GME 3440 UHF, Stebel air horn, 180XP Roo Lites and a RalliArt jacket

Comment

Hi wiseone
                        Do you just have the 1 set (2 tracks)?
                        I am still trying to work out what to get.

Cheers

Josh
                        * Pajero now sold!

Comment

I only came back last week from 4x4 and recovery training that work paid for. We used many of the devices on the market.

Maxtrax - good piece of gear only if you are lightly bogged in the sand or mud, usless as a ash tray on a motor bike if your right down to your sills..........the 200 series cruiser didnt even budge with them under her (could not get traction on them).

Give me a shovel and a bit of rock and rolling motion or a snatch strap anyday!

Josh - We were using one set (two tracks normally under the front tyres, but best works in the direction of travel ie. if you are trying to reverse out put them under the rear)

Comment

Pretty expensive for what they are

Personally, I'm gonna make me a set of the milk crate ones - pinched the idea from the Land Rover forum. See THIS thread for the how to.

Anyone have any spare crates I could use......

Peter
                            | Gunmetal NS Exceed DiD with Dakar leather | Factory rear Diff Lock | Alloy Nudge Bar | MMCS | Moonroof | GME TX3440 | Custom rear Storage | Stebel Compact Air Horn |
                            | Ford Focus XR5 Turbo in Electric Orange |

Comment

Originally posted by Smocky View Post
                              I'm afraid the best piece of recovery gear for sand is a decent long handled shovel and some stamina.

I've bogged the Rodeo so badly a couple of times the sand was ABOVE The side steps. No way was an exhaust jack (that I was carrying) going to help, nor maxtrax. Only thing for it was heaps of digging to free the undercarriage. Couldn't snatch it back either.

Jason.
                              may i suggest a change in driving technique and situational awareness hahahaha try to stop spinning the wheels once ur bogged lol no point digging to china
                              If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X