Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Mount

By 1533rl

Have a new laptop mount in the car. Cost is about $30, and that is if you buy all the material new. Basically it is a small frame , with a slide arrangement to allow the laptop to be stored in the back and moved to the front when needed. Made out of 15mm square steel, with a single 20mm square section on the top to house the slide.

Frame is secured by a small bracket under the rear seat attached to one of the screws on the fuel tank inspection plate. Legs are wide enough for lateral stability and the slide has a lock nut to prevent ejection of the table under braking etc. Laptop is attached to table (cut to match laptop footprint) with a section of the non-slip material from the bosses' kitchen, and large lacky bands (about $5 per packet of hundreds).

Weight is under 1kg and it takes only a couple of minutes to set the mount up. Takes longer to plug in usb to gps on the dash and power from the cig lighter in the centre console. Frame still allows full use of centre console with the mount in the back position, and with my vehicle being auto I can travel with the table forward as it does not restrict the gear lever !

Only improvements planned for version VI are, have a swivel table top for passenger/navigatior use and to install power through the console into the rear panel. There are more pics available, but these four do give a good idea of the function of the mount.

Peter
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

That's pretty cool Pickle. I have a manual so it don't fit where you have yours. I have made one to fit in the back over the transmission hump so the kids can watch dvd's on my laptop.

I was going to mount it on the passenger side but the missus objected to having a metal bracket crushing her legs!

Craig
    2015 GLX Pajero Sport

Comment

Well I would love to take the credit for that idea, but I posted the message for 1533rl who had trouble getting the photos up on that post.
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

looks great
        but i have to ask,,whats the purpose of the laptop ??surely your not doing the weekly budget while cruisin the freeway??
        cam
        ps im not taking the piss im just wondering if im missing out on something ??!
        NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

laptop mount

I use the laptop for navigation. oziexplorer maps , very handy having the laptop in view for moving map etc. only have it mounted for bush trips, using the "new technology" along with the "old" paper stuff. nothing you are missing out on.
          cheers

Comment

I hate to say this but it looks horid and won,t make the market. when you look abit into this type of arrangement, why not utelise the centre consol top that does move forward. i am sure you could remove the top padded piece to keep it original and devise a roller unit that extends a little further.
            NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Not wanting to rain on the party but looks a bit dangerous in the event of an incident / accident ! Do you keep it slid back away from the driver when moving along ?

Comment

Just a quick reply to dolphin and havin fun:
                1. sorry about the hor(r)id look, but it wasn't made for a market. good idea about the centre console, I look forward to your pictures.
                2. the frame is bolted to the floor in the back, the laptop and the slide are no more dangerous than any other contents on the back seat. it is designed to be put back out of the way while driving that is why it is on a slide.
                cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X