suspension upgrade & lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension upgrade & lift

hi all have a 2003 glx palero and are looking to get more clearance but have been told a lift can cause long term problems with cv's and drive axle shafts due to the suspension make up. has any one heard of any problems.

No problems, the lift will be within normal operating parameters of the CVs still. When I did mine it was the best Mod that I did to the Paj. I would do it without hesitation.
    03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

2" lift is absolutely no problem.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
        2" lift is absolutely no problem.
        every insurance company that I have checked with will only allow 30mm lift. How do you get around this?

Comment

Don't tell them? :P
          1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

Originally posted by beaky View Post
            every insurance company that I have checked with will only allow 30mm lift. How do you get around this?
            Change companies/keep shopping. Ours had no problem at all in accepting our lift (50mm).

Comment

Originally posted by beaky View Post
              Change companies/keep shopping. Ours had no problem at all in accepting our lift (50mm).

Comment

Hi
                We had a 50mm lift on the NM. APIA, RACV, Shannons all quoted the insurance with the lift no worries. Also try the 4WD Association insurers-- can't recall the name right now.
                Rusty
                2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
                Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
                2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  Hi
                  We had a 50mm lift on the NM. APIA, RACV, Shannons all quoted the insurance with the lift no worries. Also try the 4WD Association insurers-- can't recall the name right now.
                  yes I've always had the 4wd association insurance but am not a member now (I'm shifting to country soon so wont join here ) thats why Im not sure with the regular insurers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X