Clever Russian recovery technique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever Russian recovery technique!

Although as it was just a Honda CRV, hardly worth recovering!?!
    http://youtu.be/sUgMwqYttA4
    Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
    "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Good Russian Technology ! Now wheres the Vodka?
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

That was probably the easy part - getting to go would be a different story.

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

will be sold as "one owner, low kms, never been offroad!"
        For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
          That was probably the easy part - getting to go would be a different story.

Geoff
          Not for a Hi Lux Apparently!
          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

When I was a young tacker, I was taught at a Ventura camp (scouts) how to extract a landrover that was bogged to the axles using nothing but rope. Very simple; find a sturdy tree, put some protection around it and then go back and forth between the car and the tree about six times. Then insert a stout prepared branch in the middle of the ropes and start turning. The action of the rope coiling around itself pulled the car out quick smart; used this a few times over the years when a winch has note been handy. (has to be a good rope)

Cheers . . . Mike

Comment

Originally posted by M Roadster View Post
              When I was a young tacker, I was taught at a Ventura camp (scouts) how to extract a landrover that was bogged to the axles using nothing but rope. Very simple; find a sturdy tree, put some protection around it and then go back and forth between the car and the tree about six times. Then insert a stout prepared branch in the middle of the ropes and start turning. The action of the rope coiling around itself pulled the car out quick smart; used this a few times over the years when a winch has note been handy. (has to be a good rope)

Cheers . . . Mike

we still teach it at Venturers, along with the spanish windlass, and the easy way to move a log if you only have a a couple of ropes.
              Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
              Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by M Roadster View Post

Cheers . . . Mike
                Just had to make sure you stepped backwards if you lost your grip, or you heard a 'CRACK' from the branch!!!

When I was in Venturers, we never tried things like that as no one trusted us with their vehicle/s, although we were shown the basic techniques!
                Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
                  Just had to make sure you stepped backwards if you lost your grip, or you heard a 'CRACK' from the branch!!!

When I was in Venturers, we never tried things like that as no one trusted us with their vehicle/s, although we were shown the basic techniques!
                  both my pajero and delica have been pulled out of various mock exercises by venturers doing this, its only on the leader training courses when we do it that i have reservations.

My own venturers have even driven the delica through Big and little desert on their L plates, which totally freaked out the Patrol club of SA when we were tackling stuff and getting through where their pootrols weren't.
                  Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                  Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
                    both my pajero and delica have been pulled out of various mock exercises by venturers doing this, its only on the leader training courses when we do it that i have reservations.

My own venturers have even driven the delica through Big and little desert on their L plates, which totally freaked out the Patrol club of SA when we were tackling stuff and getting through where their pootrols weren't.
                    They were great times growing up, wouldn't have missed it for the world

Comment

sshh i'm still a venturer leader cause its fun still

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X