• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldi 20th March 65 litre fridge, few odds & sods

Fot those partial to Aldi

One thing that i see that appears value,

65 litre fridge in a bag, 3 year warranty

Photo in catalogue it Kinda looks useful as well.

$599.00

Folding Solar Panel 160W

$169.00
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

The fridge looks similar to the Companion, which has decent reviews:

https://www.snowys.com.au/black-ice-...-fridgefreezer
    2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisall View Post
      The fridge looks similar to the Companion, which has decent reviews:

https://www.snowys.com.au/black-ice-...-fridgefreezer
      I think your rite, sisters or at least same bitch different dog.

Comment

I noticed super cheap is selling an Evakool 55l for $400 in a few days time

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
          Probably ok,

But there's Evakool & there's the sometimes cool version of the Evakool, made by same company .

I own an Evakool that's always cool.

The cheapies they make, i'm not so sure.

$400 is nothing to lose that's for sure, throw away fridge really, as long as it does its thing for few years.

Comment

Hmmm, nice to know!

I was actually eyeing off one of the brass monkey ones-cheap price, 3yr warranty, and large range of dimensions to fit in a particular spot.

I find camping fridges a funny thing. For in your house they're cheap as chips, but as soon as it's for your car the price jumps considerably. They work in the exact same way, but obviously a lot smaller.

Then there is my bugbear about the bags/covers-why is the reflective surface on the inside when you can't reflect cold....whole other discussion though

Comment

Hmmm, nice to know!

I was actually eyeing off one of the brass monkey ones-cheap price, 3yr warranty, and large range of dimensions to fit in a particular spot.

I find camping fridges a funny thing. For in your house they're cheap as chips, but as soon as it's for your car the price jumps considerably. They work in the exact same way, but obviously a lot smaller.

Then there is my bugbear about the bags/covers-why is the reflective surface on the inside when you can't reflect cold....whole other discussion though
              I may have to buy another fridge for an upcoming trip. I looked at a 75 litre brass monkey. Chap in RTM said that they have sold heaps with very few problems. Only had a couple come back in and everytime it was fixed within an hour. He said that any longer and they will give you a loaner to get you out of trouble. Also said that warranty would not be affected if I was to piggy back an anderson plug onto the fridge 12 v plug. Mate over the road bought one two months ago and it has been running nearly non stop in his wagon with no issues. If I do have to get another fridge I reckon it will be the brass monkey..
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
              If you take life too seriously you will never get out alive....

Telegraph X camper

Comment

That's good to hear, thanks Dicko

Comment

Brass Monkey have been sold through Jaycar as well for a while now. ASked about them on day when getting other stuff from Jaycar and said almost same thing as Dicko's experience.

A lot of stuff at RTM is the same as what you can get at Jaycar, for the same price. Wonder if that means the product is supported through RTM and Jaycar regardless of where you buy it.
                  2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                  2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

I had planned to buy one of them for a birthday present for son, but when I went and checked it out it seemed identical to his current (dead) fridge, and looked smaller internally than my own 40L Waeco.
                    At least it looked bigger on outside so assume thicker insulation than my Waeco.
                    PCOV Member 1107.
                    Daily driver NX GLX
                    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Working...
                    X