Victorian High Country - To Craig's Hut via Mt. Stirling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorian High Country - To Craig's Hut via Mt. Stirling

Did another one day trip to Craig's hut via Mt. Stirling on 22nd Jan. with my son, a good mate of mine and his son in his Toyota Hilux.
    Started on Corn Hill track then to Howqua Gap trail to Mount Stirling. Then down Clear Hills track, Speculation road, King Basin track, Black Landing track to Circuit road.

Had lunch at Craig's Hut. There were quite a few river crossings on King Basin track. Had a dip at one crossing. It was fun and refreshing.
    Below is the video up till Mt. Stirling. Will post the video of the rest soon.

Video 1: https://youtu.be/AqmMvYNZNko

*** Note: The date on my camera was wrong. It resets to 2016 every time the battery dies. and this time I forgot to correct the date and time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by uditha; 3 weeks ago.
    2002 Pajero NM Exceed, 3.5Lt, 5 SP Auto
    Uniden UH7760NB CB Radio, 20" Slim LED Light Bar, Kings Awning

I note that was filmed in 2016. I wonder how it is now after the fires last year?

Comment

I think you'll find that the date on the camera hasn't been set.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

If that is the case and the footage was recent, the Vic High Country has recovered a lot better than East Gippsland nd SE NSW has. There are still many places where there is no grass or greenery, and only stark black tree trunks poking into the air.

Comment

Those trees that are dead in the early part of the video are along Corn Hill Road if I'm not mistaken. They were burnt in 2006. So 15 years ago.

Probably take about 100 -150 years for those snow gums to get back to that size
          2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge MX 1.4, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Originally posted by erad View Post
            I note that was filmed in 2016. I wonder how it is now after the fires last year?
            Sorry guys, the date on the camera was wrong. It always resets when you take the battery to swap. Just added that to the comments.

Comment

Video 2: https://youtu.be/0hNQ9cyfYX0

Comment

The guy in the dual cab seemed to be having a bit of trouble on the water crossings.

You obviously like Clint films.
                Last edited by Ian H; 3 weeks ago.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                  The guy in the dual cab seemed to be having a bit of trouble on the water crossings.

You obviously like Clint films.
                  Lol. It was his first time doing river crossings. Mine too but I've watched lot of instructional videos on YouTube. My mate learn from me .

I like the theme musics on his cow boy movies.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X