Trip to Little Desert during Easter Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Little Desert during Easter Break

Did the Eastern half of the Little Desert during the Easter break. Covered 81Km's and almost 95% was sand tracks.
    Almost got bogged twice. This was my first sand driving experience
    Stopped at Pink Lake too on the way to Little Dessert.

Had lot of fun driving on the sand tracks. There were a few dried up salt lakes.
    Stopped at Kiata camp ground for lunch break. Kiata camp ground can be accessed by non 4x4 vehicles too.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3aE3bHe0OU
    Photos uploaded as attachments.

POI's:
    - Eagle swamp
    - Salt lake
    - Albrechts Mill
    - Kiata camp ground

Tracks:
    - Eagle Swamp track
    - McCabes Hut track
    - Salt Lake track
    - Dahlenburgs Mill track
    - Beekeepers track
    - Mars Hut track
    Last edited by uditha; 11-04-21, 10:23 AM.
    2002 Pajero NM Exceed, 3.5Lt, 5 SP Auto
    Uniden UH7760NB CB Radio, 20" Slim LED Light Bar, Kings Awning

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 9 photos.

Comment

Nice photos, great area isn't it?
      We headed over from Adelaide for the easter break & covered a bit of Murray-Sunset and Wyperfeld, stopped in at a nice little town called Rainbow.
      Some of the bigger campgrounds were a bit busier than I'd expected but not suprising given COVID.
      I'll be heading back again some time to finish the Milmec Rock Track, we ran out of hours in the day
      Attached Files
      2013 NW GLX. 268,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar | Boo's bashplates | 4x4 Tough (Aldi) Winch | Underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator | D697 265/70r17 | Rhino tracks & vortex bars | DIY rear drawers | Waeco CF40 | 60L water bladder | 2.5m awning | Vlad TC mod | UH8060.
      --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

Beautiful spot, and lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.
        Great location for some drone shots.
        Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

I see you had to have a couple of goes at a hill early on, what tyre pressures were you running ?
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
            I see you had to have a couple of goes at a hill early on, what tyre pressures were you running ?
            Yes it took two attempts for me to go over the first climb. The tyres were on 20psi but I wasn't going fast enough. This was my first time driving on sand so took some time for me to get the hang of it. Then I managed to hit the subsequent soft areas with good and steady momentum, and came out on the first go.
            One thing that I noticed was some sections were difficult to judge the softness from a distance. You can see in the video, that I almost got bogged on a flat section too.
            But it was a fun day.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X