Tassie 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tassie 2007

Another great trip over to Tassie this year for the twelvth time in a row.
    Not much 4wding involved this year but had a great time anyway!
    Some photos.

Arthurs Lake on a good day

Arthurs Lake again!

The Motley Crew

Kaylee (our hostess with the mostess) has got herself a new Paj. DID Auto shorty and no DPF issues.

Ladies fashions on Cup Day......and I was the judge!

Having a fish beside Great Lake.

One of the many rivers in the area.

So if you want to have yourselves a blast try the Great Lake Hotel
    Kaylee and Pete own the pub and are fantastic people. Great accommadation and meals and hopefully a future sponsor of the club.
    Dave

Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Pickle,

Thanks for sharing!

Mind if I ask the cost of people and vehicle's on the ship across? And is it worth it to shit the car as oppsed to hiring?

Cheers ...

Scol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scolers View Post
      Pickle,

Thanks for sharing!

Mind if I ask the cost of people and vehicle's on the ship across? And is it worth it to shit the car as oppsed to hiring?

Cheers ...

Scol.
      That might be painful . Suggest you might want to edit the post...

Comment

shitting car wouldn't be high on my priority list
        UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
        $6500

Comment

Depending what time of year you go you can "SHIP" your car for virtually nix. They do some awesome off peak deals on the ferry.

http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Pickle,

And is it worth it to shit the car as oppsed to hiring?

Cheers ...

Scol.
            Yeah you are better off shipping the car!
            We used to fly over and hire 4wd's but the insurance costs for the fourbies got out of hand. It is reasonably priced for just your car but once you start towing a trailer etc they screw you with the price and thats when you shit.
            If you fly over and hire a small car costs are reasonable but you can't get into some good fishing spots. Stay on the tar and you will be ok.
            I recommend taking your own vehicle.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

A group of us are heading over to Tassie in Feb next year for 2 weeks of
              4wding .

Cost is $99 per person each way & vehicles $79; total cost return $356.00.

Plan is to do all of the west coast & we cant wait
              NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Nice pics...looks like fun....what kinda fish did ya catch while over there fishin? I love going to secluded fishin holes
                03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                  Yeah you are better off shipping the car!
                  We used to fly over and hire 4wd's but the insurance costs for the fourbies got out of hand. It is reasonably priced for just your car but once you start towing a trailer etc they screw you with the price and thats when you shit.
                  If you fly over and hire a small car costs are reasonable but you can't get into some good fishing spots. Stay on the tar and you will be ok.
                  I recommend taking your own vehicle.
                  Dave
                  Thanks for that Pickle ... we were thinking of taking a Camper Trailer across as well ... I think it's an extra $1200 but if we are there for 2 weeks then we should recoup our costs on accomodation ... assumin we don't freeze!

Scol.

Comment

Originally posted by icysyrup View Post
                    Nice pics...looks like fun....what kinda fish did ya catch while over there fishin? I love going to secluded fishin holes
                    You catch trout, Brown and Rainbow Trout and they taste fabulous.
                    Smoked one up for tea last night........yummm.
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by allanmac View Post
                      A group of us are heading over to Tassie in Feb next year for 2 weeks of
                      4wding .

Cost is $99 per person each way & vehicles $79; total cost return $356.00.

Plan is to do all of the west coast & we cant wait
                      You will have a blast over there Alan. Just need to give you some survival tips for the sailing there and back because I can guarantee you wont be sleeping in those chairs.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Thanks for that Pickle ... we were thinking of taking a Camper Trailer across as well ... I think it's an extra $1200 but if we are there for 2 weeks then we should recoup our costs on accomodation ... assumin we don't freeze!

Scol.
                        $1200 over 14 days works out at about $90 a day for accommodation. Depending on how many of you there are, this may or may not be false economy. All of the hotels/van park cabins I stayed in cost me less than $50 p/n and this was at Christmas last year. The opportunity to just drive off the road and set up camp, while not impossible, is far more limited in Tassie than it is in the likes of QLD.

So an investigation might be worth it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X