Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYE-searching for a camp site.

Hi guys,

Well, we are searching for a great camp site for this NYE. We have in the past been regulars at Aberfeldy River campsite, north of Walhalla, but this year we are looking for a change.

Basically the kids are 9, 7 and 2 and the bigs ones are a bit over sitting in the 4B all day so we need a site with a lake and/or river for swimming, playing, kayaking.

Having a campfire is a must (don't want a park that says NO FIRES) and a grassy patch is preferable.

Within 4 hours of SE suburbs of Melbourne too.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers, Dash.

Hmmm, the kayaking sort of leaves out the High Country as the rivers will be low. Was going to suggest around Talbotville but maybe you want to have a look up around the Murray River area for the kayaking. They let a lot of water down the Murray over summer but watch out for the half cut water skiers.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by dash View Post
      Hi guys,

Well, we are searching for a great camp site for this NYE. We have in the past been regulars at Aberfeldy River campsite, north of Walhalla, but this year we are looking for a change.

Basically the kids are 9, 7 and 2 and the bigs ones are a bit over sitting in the 4B all day so we need a site with a lake and/or river for swimming, playing, kayaking.

Having a campfire is a must (don't want a park that says NO FIRES) and a grassy patch is preferable.

Within 4 hours of SE suburbs of Melbourne too.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers, Dash.

Buffalo is full again - so you could try around there - from memory there is a camp ground at the lake and there are plenty of tracks to drive
      The water levels will be low in the H/C as Pickle says but the king has some deeper spots ypu can kayak on - no marathons but to float down a few hundred meters.
      "Never Underestimate a childs ability to get into trouble "

Comment

There's also some camps 10km up the buffalo, just keep following the road from Myrtleford straight through the T intersection that is Dandongedale and they aren't more than 5km up the road. You can go further up river towards the alpine park, but I've not camped up therre so I'm not sure of the crowd....
        NS oil burner shorty

Comment

a personal favourite of mine is a place called "carters beach".. it's on Ulupna Island just outside of Strathmerton on the Murray river.

It's a fantastic area to camp, no fees, basic toilet facilities, family friendly and some of the best sunrises /sunsets i've ever seen
          natural sand goes inland about 30 meters... great for the kids

and surprisingly the water is no way near as low as anticipated

got plenty of photos if you want to have a look

cheers
          UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
          $6500

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
            Hmmm, the kayaking sort of leaves out the High Country as the rivers will be low. Was going to suggest around Talbotville but maybe you want to have a look up around the Murray River area for the kayaking. They let a lot of water down the Murray over summer but watch out for the half cut water skiers.
            Dave
            You having a go at us water skiers Dave .

Murray is not in good shape atm & unless things improve dramatically, I doubt that I'll be able to put my boat in at Tocumwal this year .

Was speaking to DSE at Heyfield yesterday & apparently there is a fair bit of water around in the H/C. If they get the expected rain over the next few days, will make things interesting I suspect.

A group of us are heading up that way on N/Y/E for 5 days & cannot wait.
            NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by bounceferret View Post
              a personal favourite of mine is a place called "carters beach".. it's on Ulupna Island just outside of Strathmerton on the Murray river.

It's a fantastic area to camp, no fees, basic toilet facilities, family friendly and some of the best sunrises /sunsets i've ever seen
              natural sand goes inland about 30 meters... great for the kids

and surprisingly the water is no way near as low as anticipated

got plenty of photos if you want to have a look

cheers

hey bounceferret or anyone else could you post detailed info how to get to carters beach please, or just google earth or maps coordinates please?
              NW 2013 MY13 GLX-R, auto, OME lift kit, ARB bullbar, electric brake controller, GME UHF, the rest is still work in progress

Comment

I found it .....
                NW 2013 MY13 GLX-R, auto, OME lift kit, ARB bullbar, electric brake controller, GME UHF, the rest is still work in progress

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X