Tom Groggin to Omeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Groggin to Omeo

Has anyone done this run through the high country via Saffasfras gap ?

Obviously no-one has done this run before ....

Comment

you may be the first one ever let us know how you go

Comment

I haven't been there recently, but did part of it earlier this year. Its a pretty good track when it's dry. There's been a bit of rain up there of late and more on the way. The murray crossing is usually good, but it is quck to rise and when it's pumping through I wouldn't attempt it - unless the rain is from the east the rivers up this way drop pretty quick so it's no big hastle. From memory it's about 150km through from omeo to the alpine way. Take a chainsaw and plety of oil/fuel and a drag chain can be handy. Give DSE/Parks at Omeo a call as we got a notice a coupe of weeks ago saying they were going to be laying baits out there so they've likely been up there recently.
        Last edited by Eastie; 20-12-07, 02:19 PM.
        NS oil burner shorty

Comment

We were just at Tom Groggin. The Murray is still pretty low, crossed it numerous times with the water level rarely above the side steps. Tried a few of the tracks and they are all pretty dry and in good nick.
          Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

thanks John

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X