Simpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpson

Going west to east across the simpson in a few weeks, which line is best (to look at) French/WAA/etc?
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Originally posted by marquis View Post
    Going west to east across the simpson in a few weeks, which line is best (to look at) French/WAA/etc?
    It depends what you're travelling in I suppose. I did it the harder way (east to west) last year and went via QAA line to Poeppel Corner then straight down the French Line. Get yourself out to Dalhousie Springs and head east from there. Once you reach Purnie Bore you're basically in the desert and the dunes start just past the Rig Rd turnoff. From here they continue to grow in size but the approaches from the west are a bit gentler than those from the east.

Plenty of information here
    http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/De...rench_Line.asp

I'm also happy to add my personal experiences as will others on this forum. It's interesting to note that your Paj and mine are exactly the same.
    Last edited by Wal; 26-06-07, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I crossed the Simpson in August last year, west to east as you're doing.

We took the Rig Road, then WAA line, detoured to the Lone Gum Tree then out past Poeppels to Birdsville. The WAA line was much nicer scenery than the Rig Road, but softer, slower and fuel consumption was definitely higher.

4wding wasn't particularly hard when we went through - sounds like your Paj is well set up, so you should have a ball!

Cheers,

Scott
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X