Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South-Western Stroll (W.A.)

Hey Guys,

I love looking at your trips from over East, thought its only fair to show you some of mine also.

Well its hard to come back to reality after such an awesome week in the South-West.

Besides the crappy weather at times, this would have to be one of the better trips :smt045

First started out with a trip to the Stirling Ranges for 3 days, working with my supervisor at Murdoch Uni, conducting some Dieback Research in the field. We don't see too many ranges like this in WA...

The Office

On the final day of work, we headed up to the Porongurup Range, and walked the 2hr return hike to Castle Rock, which rewarded a breathtaking view.

I met Simon in Albany on the Thursday for lunch, then headed out to Waychinicup NP whom was recommended to me by some of the DEC Dieback Research crew.

We cruised down onto Cheyne Beach, where Simon discovered a possible front CV joint problem.

Despite a windy and rainy night, we awoke to some clear skies.

Then it was back up to the Stirlings to check out Bluff Knoll and some of the other sites. Bit too cold to walk up that day, but definately would like to do so in the future.

Then it was over to Mt Frankland NP via Mt Barker

Crossing the Frankland River

With darkness soon approaching, we managed to find this awesome little campsite at Lockhart Pool by chance. Camping amongst the tall Karri and Jarrah in an unfacilitated site is something special.

NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Exploring some tracks in the Frankland NP

Decided to head towards the Blackwood River via Manjimup/Bridgetown

Simon tackling a hill just east of Nannup

Simon teaching the GQ how-to-swim
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6wUbRoEUJk

Headed home via Adelaide Rd

Crossing Margaret River

Thanks to Simon for providing some good company once again

Cheers,
    Ranger J
    NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Hi Ranjer J,
      Thanks for the effort in posting your great trip report. The pictures were great, wish i new how to install the photos on this site as they add so much. Thanks again,
      Regards from Col.
      NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Nice trip report, well done!
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X