Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraser Island

Gday everyone,

I'm planning a trip around Fraser in March next year, how many days does anyone think I should allow to do the island including up Northern point (average)? I'm guessing a week and a half, yet to call tourist info to find out some more info.

Also litres of fuel to carry? And any other advice/information/experience I would love to hear!

Cheers, Craig!
    MY04 GLX Pajero, Airtech snorkel, dual batterie system, Narva 225's, Avenger 9500lb winch, Uniden UH7760 NB Compact & AE4018k2 6.5db aerial, Abber water tank in 3rd row seat cavity with water pump & sender, Best Offroad twin draw system with wings, 3x rear 12v outlets, 50mm Bilstein/Lovells suspension lift, BFG 265/75-16 A/T's, ARB winch bar with cabin operation, Windcheetah/Roadrunner 2.2 mtr aluminium roof rack, inverter....

Just recently returned from there. We spent a week on the Island at Cathedrals at Fraser; about half way up the east coast. Not cheap, but very good with a well stocked shop & fuel available.

Check out a couple of videos I put up on another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVu3s...7BdNF&index=27

Some from Day 3 & then getting back on the barge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6yP2...7BdNF&index=28

Sandy Cape Trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjU38...7BdNF&index=26
    Last edited by allanmac; 27-11-13, 08:28 PM.
    NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Flea View Post
      Gday everyone,

I'm planning a trip around Fraser in March next year, how many days does anyone think I should allow to do the island including up Northern point (average)? I'm guessing a week and a half, yet to call tourist info to find out some more info.

Also litres of fuel to carry? And any other advice/information/experience I would love to hear!

Cheers, Craig!
      It's a long time since I was there, but I was there for 10 days and feel that was close to right. Didn't feel too short, could've happily spent a few more days if they were available.

I was there for a busy (long) weekend, then stayed after everybody else left. For me, much better without so many around. Camped in the dunes on the east coast - first, not far from Eurong, then a few nights further north, last night at Central Station. First camp spot was the best - thanks to the Mitsu Club of Qld.

Don't remember what happened with fuel - sorry.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by allanmac View Post
        Just recently returned from there. We spent a week on the Island at Cathedrals at Fraser; about half way up the east coast. Not cheap, but very good with a well stocked shop & fuel available.

Check out a couple of videos I put up on another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVu3s...7BdNF&index=27

Some from Day 3 & then getting back on the barge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6yP2...7BdNF&index=28

Sandy Cape Trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjU38...7BdNF&index=26

Thanks for that Allan wish I was there already after looking at those vids! I'll have to make sure (if possible) I head there outside school holidays, etc. I couldn't believe the traffic in your footage..!

Cheers NJ SWB good to hear the time frame, I'm coming up from Vic and want to take 3 weeks, so a few days there and back, and all the time in the middle will be for Fraser!
        MY04 GLX Pajero, Airtech snorkel, dual batterie system, Narva 225's, Avenger 9500lb winch, Uniden UH7760 NB Compact & AE4018k2 6.5db aerial, Abber water tank in 3rd row seat cavity with water pump & sender, Best Offroad twin draw system with wings, 3x rear 12v outlets, 50mm Bilstein/Lovells suspension lift, BFG 265/75-16 A/T's, ARB winch bar with cabin operation, Windcheetah/Roadrunner 2.2 mtr aluminium roof rack, inverter....

Comment

If you coming all the way from vic then id say 10+ is about right. Depending on timing you could get yiu permit at tewantin and drive up via rainbow beach to double island point which is good in its ownright. Tide has to be right at mudlo rocks not to get a spot on the wall at the pub ar rainbow.

Comment

have done fraser from vic a couple of times, is a comfortable and easy 3 day drive each way and then need 10 days on the island to do it justice. HAve driven it in 2 but that is pushing a bit.

we stayed at central plantation the first part of the first trip but moved to one tree rocks, second trip went straight to one tree rocks with the campers, but we took our own showers and toilets as there are none at one tree rocks.

Fuel is readily available on the island although it is relatively expensive. a lot of the ferrries actually limit additional fuel to no more than 2 jerry cans, especially if it is petrol as it is hazardous.
            Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
            Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Great info thanks everyone, I will make note. Good to hear timeframes also helps a lot.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X