The Big Lap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Lap

How cool would this be. Would be a fantastic family experience.

www.thebiglap.tv
    3.8 Ltr V6 Petrol - 2 inch Old Man Emu - Goodyear Wranglers

Looks good, just ordered a copy

Comment

Sweet, the misses is getting a copy as well.
      3.8 Ltr V6 Petrol - 2 inch Old Man Emu - Goodyear Wranglers

Comment

We did a 2 year trip but in that time we only only traveled 30000k's and saw nothing more than if there a line on the map from Cooktown to Adelaide.
        Lot of fun times and we have often thought of quitting, selling and getting on the road again.
        But that sort of trip really puts you back financially.
        Worth every cent.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Have similar plans for 2915/16 so have been following these guys for a while. Search highway dreams around oz on Facebook if you are keen.

Cheers stu
          Stu Ross
          PB LS 2012, silver, manual, ARB deluxe bullbar, HR Towbar, Anderson plug, Neoprene seat covers, Uniden 7740, Lightforce 170's, Bushskinz complete set, Airtek snorkel, RedArc Brake Controller, Recovery Points, X20 Smittybilt winch, OME suspension

Blog : http://rossmob.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by stuartiross View Post
            Have similar plans for 2915/16 so have been following these guys for a while. Search highway dreams around oz on Facebook if you are keen.

Cheers stu
            Don't wait 900 years!
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

I seen this site on myswag and ordered the DVD's. Can't wait to recieve them but I'll be away at work when they arrive.

Also search rollinroundoz and Are we there yet? on facebook for lins to a couple of good travel blogs. Also 1 year off was a good blog.

Selling the Patrol and buying the Pajero was part of our plan to get out there, 4 more years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                Don't wait 900 years!
                ha ha ... its 15/16 that we planning, struggling to make the wait that long never mind 900 years ... got to get that typing accuracy up !!!
                Stu Ross
                PB LS 2012, silver, manual, ARB deluxe bullbar, HR Towbar, Anderson plug, Neoprene seat covers, Uniden 7740, Lightforce 170's, Bushskinz complete set, Airtek snorkel, RedArc Brake Controller, Recovery Points, X20 Smittybilt winch, OME suspension

Blog : http://rossmob.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

On my lap now 7 months in and its the best thing I have ever done...everyone should give this a go..will keep going for the rest of 2014...and then the planning for the next lap in a few years
                  www.fourwheelsoffroad.com
                  2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

This is more like what the Missus and I are planning/dreaming of doing for a couple of years. http://4guysinacar.blogspot.com.au
                    Need to wait for another 5 years or so and our kids will have flown the coop, then we are off!
                    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Well I got this DVD for xmas and needless to say all 10 episodes have been watched!
                      I thought this was quite entertaining, even my wife enjoyed it and said she was suffering withdrawal symptoms the day after we finished it and had nothing new to watch plus they were a lovely family.
                      I was extremely jealous they they had so much sponsorship but it is a double edged sword in that they obviously had a film to make and I can imagine that this was in part responsible for the seemingly massive number of k's they did.
                      Hats off to them for doing the trip and then making a DVD of it to show others how wonderful our country is despite their limited budget.

Definitely worth the $45 (inc postage) in my opinion, especially for those trying to convince their other half that it can be done comfortably with young children.
                      Me: 00 NL Escape, 3.5L petrol, manual, TJM alloy bull bar
                      Wife's shopping trolley: 04 100 series LC, GXL, auto V8 petrol, UHF, nudge bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X