Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraser condition report 14-18 Dec 2013

Hey guys,

In short, Fraser is very easy to drive at the moment. But probably not for long with x-mas and new years eve coming.

- 75 miles beach is a highway at low tide. Flat. Even at high tide the sand near the dune is fairly packed. Not boggy at all.
    - Indian head is easy, mildly soft. 2nd 4HLC no problemo.
    - Eurong to Central / Lake McKenzy is made of hard sand. 4H is fine.
    - Lake McKenzy to Eurong was soft to very soft. Recommend 4LLc to avoid any risks.
    - Lake Birrabeen track is ok, rough at times but still very easy to drive. 1st car park has a few spots of very soft sand. Alternate car pack is made of hard sand and can be used to U-turn.
    - Ran with 25psi in my 265/70/R16 Maxxis 771 tyres. Decreased fo 18PSI when bogged.
    - Inkskip point and landing area on Fraser are made of mildly soft sand. 4HLC 1st/2nd
    - Inland track from hook point to avoid high tide is as usual. It is corrugated but I found it ok. I have seen worst.

PS: I don't have a lift on my NP. My front is very sagged and I have bash plates. My clearance is probably similar to a korean SUV But it was a pilot mistake. Indeed because of a lack of attention and not enough momentum I ended up sitting the car on top of soft sand. 15min of shovelling, 18 PSI and 4 friendly guys to help me pushing I got out. This was 5min after leaving lake McKenzy toward Eurong and from there it is soft to very soft.

That's it.
    Last edited by tomlola; 19-12-13, 08:39 PM.
    NP MY05 DiD

All great information, thanks very much for posting
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

No worries mate but keep in mind that things will get worse ;-) I have been there during x-mas period 4 years ago and it's crazy especially inland, so many cars and it is not going to rain anymore IMO so sand will be very soft. But still it will be stressful at times but still fun :-) Have fun.
      NP MY05 DiD

Comment

Thanks for the info. Heading up in late feb. Will be interesting to see how conditions compare post silly season
        NOW : 2012 JKU WRANGLER

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN : 2012 PB Challenger LS Auto - M/T ATZ P3 285/70/17, Black factory alloys, Xrox sliders, Xrox bullbar, FYRLYT's, Aurora 30" lightbar, Runva 11xp winch, Ultimate suspension lift & brake upgrade, Airtec snorkel, Bushskinz, ORS drawers, Redarc DBS with solar, UHF, SPV EGR mod, Rhino pioneer platform, 3.15 reduction gears, Wholesale autos hd nomad valve body..

Comment

Originally posted by tomlola View Post
          Hey guys,

In short, Fraser is very easy to drive at the moment. But probably not for long with x-mas and new years eve coming.

- 75 miles beach is a highway at low tide. Flat. Even at high tide the sand near the dune is fairly packed. Not boggy at all.
          - Indian head is easy, mildly soft. 2nd 4HLC no problemo.
          - Eurong to Central / Lake McKenzy is made of hard sand. 4H is fine.
          - Lake McKenzy to Eurong was soft to very soft. Recommend 4LLc to avoid any risks.
          - Lake Birrabeen track is ok, rough at times but still very easy to drive. 1st car park has a few spots of very soft sand. Alternate car pack is made of hard sand and can be used to U-turn.
          - Ran with 25psi in my 265/70/R16 Maxxis 771 tyres. Decreased fo 18PSI when bogged.
          - Inkskip point and landing area on Fraser are made of mildly soft sand. 4HLC 1st/2nd
          - Inland track from hook point to avoid high tide is as usual. It is corrugated but I found it ok. I have seen worst.

PS: I don't have a lift on my NP. My front is very sagged and I have bash plates. My clearance is probably similar to a korean SUV But it was a pilot mistake. Indeed because of a lack of attention and not enough momentum I ended up sitting the car on top of soft sand. 15min of shovelling, 18 PSI and 4 friendly guys to help me pushing I got out. This was 5min after leaving lake McKenzy toward Eurong and from there it is soft to very soft.

That's it.
          Heh we left on the 15th, may have crossed paths.

I was running 20psi and never had a need for low range even on that track. Hook point was quite soft only 1.5-2hrs after low tide but passable. More of a challenge keep the autobox temperatures in check by picking appropriate gears and not letting it lug.
          2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

Hey Dion,

I read your post about fraser, nice pics! We also stayed at fraserisland beach house ;-) from the 13th to 16th. Indeed we really crossed paths I didn't see your Paj' though. I would have seen it with your orange maxtrax
            About "I was running 20psi and never had a need for low range even on that track." No doubt you have more experience than I do but I am sure you also have more clearance. If you would have driven behind me it would have been nicely flat. I grade the track for everybody with my bash plates
            NP MY05 DiD

Comment

Hey Dion,

I read your post about fraser, nice pics! We also stayed at fraserisland beach house ;-) from the 13th to 16th. Indeed we really crossed paths I didn't see your Paj' though. I would have seen it with your orange maxtrax
              About "I was running 20psi and never had a need for low range even on that track." No doubt you have more experience than I do but I am sure you also have more clearance. If you would have driven behind me it would have been nicely flat. I grade the track for everybody with my bash plates
              We were in house 5. Was yours the NM? with the rubbish bag over the spare at house 1 or 2 I think? There were two NTs there as well when we were there.
              2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

Almost, NP in house 3 ;-) I didn't explore the resort hence why I didn't see other cars I guess. Pool and BBQ were close enough. The only car I saw everyday was the FJ in house 1 because we had to drive to house 3
                Tiny world eh
                Last edited by tomlola; 21-12-13, 09:05 AM.
                NP MY05 DiD

Comment

Don't feel bad about getting bogged where you did, that area traps lots of 4WD's
                  2010 PB Challenger LS Auto, Window Tint, Hema Outback Navigation Via IPAD, Safari Snorkel, Ironman Bash Plates, BF Goodrich AT's, Prorack Bars, Prorack Roof Basket, ARB Awning, GME TX 3220 UHF Radio, Extended Diff Breathers, Factory Towbar.

Comment

Almost, NP in house 3 ;-) I didn't explore the resort hence why I didn't see other cars I guess. Pool and BBQ were close enough. The only car I saw everyday was the FJ in house 1 because we had to drive to house 3
                    Tiny world eh
                    Heh we were in house 5, directly across from the pool But we left around 9am on Sunday so probably didn't see us, and we were out till late-ish on Saturday.

Tis a very small world!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X