Fraser Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraser Island

Hi everyone, well after at least 3 months of preparation work on the NH SWB gearbox rebuild,engine mounts,front brakes,wheel bearings,service etc the wife & i are heading off to Fraser Island this Saturday (8/09) for 2 weeks of hopefully great 4wding,beach fishing & drinking (responsibly?) i was wondering if anyone has been up there recently & knows what the established campsites are like especially Dundabarra campsite & also if Rainbow beach is worth doing once off Fraser Island on the way home. Thanks. Stu.

Have a look at thread 532 re Rainbow.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...read.php?t=532

Think it's just a bit damp...
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Hey Stu, we're going up there on Saturday as well for two weeks. Look out for the grey NS.

Dundaburra is just a little north of where we're staying at Cathederal Beach. I know there's communal fireplaces at Dundaburra and the campsites are apparantly quite large. It's only a few hundred metres to the beach and has hot showers.

Have you booked yet?
      Cheers,
      Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
      1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

Hi Rob I booked a couple of months ago & i checked the QPWS website & it says it is only 40% full so hopefully it wont be to busy, i will keep an eye out for you we wont be there until Monday as we are driving up from Sydney, my car is a metallic green SWB NH with an alloy roof basket/rack, if i see you i will stop & say g'day. Stu.

Comment

Please do. We'll have a couple of cold yellow cans ready for you.

Have you been before? If not make sure you check out some of my favourites. Sandy cape with a long steep climb to the lighthouse, Orchard Beach, Waddy point for some fishing, Indian head which is a great place to sit and drink to watch all the British tourists get bogged, the Champagne pools are fantastic. The track to the west at Indian head will get you to Platypus Bay for some good light fishing when the tides in. Lake Mackenzie is awesome.

If you've been there then you probably already know this.

We'll be on channel 13 all the time we're there so give us a shout now and again and we might join you for a spot of fishing.
          Cheers,
          Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
          1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob i havent been there before but my wife went with her family when she was a kid, looking forward to some beach fishing & all the spots you mentioned sound great, hope to see you there for a golden throat charmer or 2 & will try you on channel 13. Thanks again for the info Rob. Stu.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X