X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post editing

Re this post

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=59323&page=1

I have been trying to correct an early post by changing the link to a pdf doc. download.

https://home.exetel.com.au/pushbike/4WD/Pajero1.pdf

https://home.exetel.com.au/pushbike/4WD/Pajero1A.pdf

https://home.exetel.com.au/pushbike/4WD/Images/IMG_6304.v01.JPG

The first and second links are truncated by the site interpreter to
    home.exetel.com.au/pushbike/4WD/Pajero1.pdf and home.exetel.com.au/pushbike/4WD/Pajero1A.pdf
    as are all the other links in the post. They all work.
    while the second link is left entire. This link does not work?? Most of the files referenced reside on the same site and at the same site/directory.
    Text wise the links are now as before my attempt to edit.
    I've set the permissions on each of the files to same.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Pushbike; 10-03-21, 07:48 AM.
    Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
    Well, the ball has been dropped.

SOLVED
    It was not my incompetence it was the weather!
    I should have used the link (insert) button at the top of the edit page, it scrolls off i.e. out of view. But strange things happen when you try to edit otherwise.
    In case anyone is interested, why do I link to another site for images and docs in this post? It was the only way to interleave these items with the text.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.

Comment

Another problem has arisen on another recent post. I uploaded a photo as an attachment instead of as a photo.

This post : https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...ls#post1080590

The process as it is, allows you to delete the item but then forces you to either upload another item or cancel the deletion.

I have been unable to delete this attachment so the question is Does anyone know how to delete an attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbike View Post
        Another problem has arisen on another recent post. I uploaded a photo as an attachment instead of as a photo.

This post : https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...ls#post1080590

The process as it is, allows you to delete the item but then forces you to either upload another item or cancel the deletion.

I have been unable to delete this attachment so the question is Does anyone know how to delete an attachment.
        Yes I see what you mean.Tried deleting the photo as well with same outcome. Will get Admin onto it.
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Pickle,
          Thank you for your attention to this problem.
          I do find the multiple icon/references to uploads a bit confusing i.e. the top bar and the upload attachments etc "bottom bar".
          Also, it may be my service, but it seems to take a long time to get a response to a photo/upload request. I have been induced to think it is a problem at my end and pressed the "button" repeatably without any response.

Comment

Hi Pushbike ,

Firstly, I like your shed. I'm sure there's something of value in there.

Now to your issue of not being able to delete photos. I was just having a talk with Pickle a little while ago. It would appear that once you upload a photo as a photo it can't be deleted. Apparently the forum software treats the photo as the whole post and any text you add is purely incidental.

If you want to add photos and be able to delete them you need to add them as attachments.

Why did they build it like that? Blowed if I know .

As you correctly pointed out in your post, once you create a post with an uploaded photo, you can replace it with another photo but you can't delete it.

Happy Days,

​​​​​​​Pajadmin

Comment

Pajadmin,
              Thanks again for your attention. I think I need to practice posting to get the gist of it.

Comment

Another post edit problem.
                I tried to add a photo to an existing post
                https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...71#post1110471
                but after uploading the photo and attempting to save a pop up box appeared stating I was not authorised to edit/save the change.
                The post is listed as 1 week old ???

Comment

Worked for me. You were logged in at the time I assume?
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Yes I was logged in.
                    Just tried it again with same response.
                    Procedure:
                    Loggged in
                    Select post to edit (as above).
                    This bit is a cut and paste of post:
                    Upload photo
                    Upload More or
                    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif

7 Photos Edit Photos

There were previously 6 photos.
                    Select Save

Fail to add photo.

Tried to add another photo to this post --same response.?????
                    Last edited by Pushbike; 5 days ago.

Comment

Depending on the size of the photos, you may well be exceeding the limit allowed by your internet server.

Comment

erad,
                        The popup is generated by the Pajero web site. The existing 6 photos total about 700Kb and the additional photo is about 83Kb.
                        I will look on the forum for any posting rules that may be relevent.

Editing a post on this forum is a bit weird.
                        You can upload via Share Photos for the initial post, in doing this you can enter Photo title/name details to be displayed on the photo. You can't add a photo after the initial post.
                        or you can upload a photo as an Attachment but you can't label the photo.
                        If you try to change the size of the displayed image you just get an additional of a different size so you then have to
                        remove the unwanted image(s).

A third option to upload an Image /photo is to select Image icon on the top bar and work your way through i.e. Browse and select image, Send to server, then add/change image title etc then OK. This places the image where ever you have your curser at the start of the upload process. So you can insert an image anywhere in the post.

This would have to be the preferred method of uploading photos. Although a laborious process to get the right size (140x105) and add caption.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Spare_wheel02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	1110801
                        Trapezoidal wheel lift

This a photo uploaded via Upload attachments.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pushbike; 5 days ago.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X