Forum Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
    With forum links using the old forum address, how long until these no longer redirect to the same place on the new forum?

There will be loads of good info stored on the forum within topics/threads that are super useful but unusable due to the redirect no longer working (if that will ever happen).

And whats the solution if the redirevt from old links old links no longer work?

Cheers

Bennie
    Hi Bennie,

Google and Bing have re-indexed the whole site including all the old posts onto the new forum address. This means that all the search results have been progressively moving from the old address to the new address. I've been monitoring how many search results are being returned with the old forum and they are just about down to zero.

As a result, I have just removed the redirect from the old forum to the new forum. If you type the old address you now go to a "sorry page" which advises the new address. I needed to do this so we can decommision the old web server.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Pajadmin

Comment

• Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      I've noticed this a couple of times now. I haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks having been away on another adventure. When I get back onto the forum, first thing I do is click on new posts. All I get is posts from the last 24 hours. I'm missing out on weeks of info. That never occurred on the old forum.
      G'day Sharkcaver,

You are correct that "new posts" is only configured to deliver the last 24 hours. If you want more you can use the "Latest Topics" on the RHS side bar. Press the "view All" button to open up the list.

Pajadmin

Comment

• Pajadmin - seems google and bing didn’t change a number of links members have in their posts. When you click on these links they end up with the dead end page of the old forum no longer existing etc.

I’m guessing unless the OP edits their post to change the link address these links are forever lost?

Cheers

Bennie
        2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Freddo
          Pajadmin - seems google and bing didn’t change a number of links members have in their posts. When you click on these links they end up with the dead end page of the old forum no longer existing etc.

I’m guessing unless the OP edits their post to change the link address these links are forever lost?

Cheers

Bennie
          Handy hint... if a post has an old link like this
          https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/showthread.php?p=5579971#post579971
          you can open the link and change the start of the address from "www2.pajeroclub" to "www.pajeroforum"
          E.g.
          https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/showthread.php?p=579971#post579971

I have no idea how vBulletin stores the posts, but it would be good if someone could run a script to change all the links in all the old posts
          2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Boos and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• rgrubby - worked like a charm, thanks for the tip!

Cheers

Bennie
            2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by rgrubby View Post

Handy hint... if a post has an old link like this
              https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/showt...971#post579971
              you can open the link and change the start of the address from "www2.pajeroclub" to "www.pajeroforum"
              E.g.
              https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/showt...971#post579971

I have no idea how vBulletin stores the posts, but it would be good if someone could run a script to change all the links in all the old posts
              Further to this, in case anyone is still struggling with old links (as I was until i figured this next bit out)
              I have lots of bookmarks such as this:
              https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=50101
              As well as changing this bit "www2.pajeroclub", you also need to remove the "/forum" section
              eg:
              https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=50101
              becomes:
              https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=50101
              2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Boos and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• ^ good update rgruby, I too worked this out but failed to add the details in here. I‘ve only had one link come up as an error message or something of the Iike.

Cheers

Bennie

Comment

• I've fixed all my bookmarks!
                  Step 1 - Create a backup of the bookmarks in my browser (Firefox)
                  Step 2 - Open the backup file in Notepad
                  Step 3 - Use the "replace" function to replace "www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread" with "www.pajeroclub.com.au/showthread"
                  Step 4 - Save the file
                  Step 5 - Restore the bookmarks from the modified file

Comment

• Some upgrades on the forum software.....

Front End Changes

Embedded Media

vBulletin now recognizes audio and video media files that have been attached to a post. Videos can be inserted inline after uploading using the [video] bbcode. Audio attachments will display audio controls within the Attached Files box at the bottom of the post. End users will be able to use standard playback controls to view videos and listen to uploaded audio. Additional Issues
                    • Improved parsing on URLs embedded within the editor. This will prevent more instances of automatic parsing within other BBCodes.
                    • Video thumbnails will now show at the same size as the video. This prevents the "resizing" of videos when played.
                    • Resolved an issue where the Breadcrumb wrapper may render at an improper width.
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X