No announcement yet.

Will Triton 17" P38 wheels fit Gen1-3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Triton 17" P38 wheels fit Gen1-3?

Hi, best guess is offset P38 won't fit NX and should fit NS but what about NM, NP, NT, NW?
    Specs 7.5Jx17, Offset 38, Centre Bore 67.1, PCD 6x139.7
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite 265/65R17 ATs

I run some ML Triton 17x7" on my NX without issue. I can't remember offset, but off the top of my head I thought they were 38mm.
    PCOV Member 1107.
    Daily driver NX GLX
    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Will legally fit all G3/G4 including NX.

https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...t-an-nx-pajero
      MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, MM nudgebar with Ultravision 205 4K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer. Stockman allroada pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

Originally posted by redbruce View Post
        Will legally fit all G3/G4 including NX.

https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...t-an-nx-pajero
        Thanks, so legally it will be ok but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that NX had larger discs or calipers or something and will require shaving to fit this Triton wheel?
        03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite 265/65R17 ATs

Comment

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post

Thanks, so legally it will be ok but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that NX had larger discs or calipers or something and will require shaving to fit this Triton wheel?
          NT onwards have larger disks (as do the 18" wheel equiped Tritons and Pajero Sport).

"shaving" calipers is both dangerous and illegal.

As OJ said you need to fit to check.

This thread indicates the MN Triton 17" will foul the caliper as did the MQ 18" wheel due to shape of the wheel rather than diameter per se.
          https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...s-fit-my-06-ns

Apparently Triton 17" steel wheels will fit an NS (and therefore should fit G3).
          https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...13476-big-trip
          MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, MM nudgebar with Ultravision 205 4K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer. Stockman allroada pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

Originally posted by pharb View Post
            I run some ML Triton 17x7" on my NX without issue. I can't remember offset, but off the top of my head I thought they were 38mm.
            This morning I checked some spares I've got.
            MN Triton 17x7.5" 38P foul on front brakes of NX.
            ML Triton 17x7" 38P do fit on NX without fouling front brakes.
            PCOV Member 1107.
            Daily driver NX GLX
            Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
            Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
            Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Different topic but similar, will 17 inch rims from a bt50 fit an nm triton?
              2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

Originally posted by dmr292 View Post
                Different topic but similar, will 17 inch rims from a bt50 fit an nm triton?
                2013 BT50 has a wheel offset of +55. Triton is +38 so you would be reducing the the track with the BT wheels which is illegal even if they fitted (which is very unlikely).

Note it is legal to increase track by up to 25mm/side (ie 50mm total),

Comment

cheers mate..... I've found a set of 0 offset? will these suit?
                  2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

Zero offset is an illegal fitment. P21 offset is the widest you could legally go, as long as the do not protrude past the top outer edge of the mudguard, and they do not rub on any part of the body, suspension or steering during the complete steering and suspension travel range.

However the more the track is widened the greater the load on the wheel bearings and suspension components. It also changes the steering scrub radius and affects the self aligning torque characteristics, so poor steering response can result.
                    P46 to P38 even P35 will minimise the negative affects but go to P30 or lower and you can expect problems long term.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

cheers mate

Comment

I've got 4 x 17" alloy Pajero Rims you can have them if you wanted them cheap as chips!

Nothing up with them

Make an offer.

Located near Logan Motorway Brisbane Southside

6 Spoke alloy, i have too many 17" rims, long story but my collection grew
                        Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X