Rancho shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancho shocks

Has anybody got any feedback on Rancho 5000 shockers. Might go onto my 89 NF.
    89 NF 3L V6.
    00 NM 3.5L V6. Milford cargo barrier, Maxxis 771 A/T's, GME TX 3500, 40mm Lovell's lift....... getting there!!

My NJ has a set at both ends and changed the ride which I had to get used to. After 50,000km I like the softness.

On paved roads the vehicle feels like a Range Rover with airbags type suspension. I can feel the gentle weight shift (body roll) more noticably through corners but the vehicle still holds and doesn't feel like it's about to fall over.

It doesn't now have that violent sideways rocking either when going slowly off road where one of us ended up hitting the B pillar with a head, it's now more like a sway.

When towing with a bit of weight on the towbar even though the susp. is soft I don't get that bouncy hammering into the bump stops that I did with the original shocks.

It feels to me that the suspension is more forgiving now than with the originals. They work for me.
    'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

No dramas with my RS 5000's

though they do stiffen up your ride a bit, with new torsion bars cornering performance and dirt roads are a delight
      UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
      $6500

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it.
        89 NF 3L V6.
        00 NM 3.5L V6. Milford cargo barrier, Maxxis 771 A/T's, GME TX 3500, 40mm Lovell's lift....... getting there!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X