Front Swaybar disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Swaybar disconnects

Titles says its all. I want them. I know its possible. But I just cant seem to find much info on it. All the people that have done it seem to have vanished!

Cheers,
    Jack
    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

I think most people take a nut off on end of each swaybolt, drill a hole through the bolt about where the nut sits to keep the compression on the rubber blocks and stick a 'w' pin through so it holds together.

Disconnect is pull the pin and remove all the bits. Install is the reverse proceedure but is made eaiser if the vehicle is on level ground.

I've read somewhere some vehicles have cable activated disconnects... have no idea how that works.
    'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Thx for the PM Loco. But I think that s one of those guys that I was talking about that has vanished!

Jack
        1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

He was Bitsamissin on outer limits or contact cheezy racing and ask how to get in touch with Frank with the live axle series 2 Paj (I think he knew him)

Comment

Originally posted by Loco View Post
            He was Bitsamissin on outer limits or contact cheezy racing and ask how to get in touch with Frank with the live axle series 2 Paj (I think he knew him)
            Still is Bitsamissin on OL , and Cheezy should know Frank's (former) Paj - he built it.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

snake racing make some. don't know if any would fit. some patrols had a cable operated disconnect for the rear.
              1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 NJ LWB View Post
                Titles says its all. I want them. I know its possible. But I just cant seem to find much info on it. All the people that have done it seem to have vanished!

Cheers,
                Jack
                Yeah Frank used to do them , but don't think he gets involved anymore.
                He is a member of the Paj club and posts as Bitsamissin on this forum. Nowadays you can find him on NewTriton .net under the same name.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X