Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Lockers

HI

are the lockers worthwhile in the pajeros?? I have a NP paj and have often thought about the front locker.

i have never really been stuck in the paj and am happy

can anyone comment about the difference / gain in having it installed. i know what the do etc, what i am after are actual experiences.

thanks

geoff

Hi Geoff!

For the best explanation i suggest you have a look at the ARB video on air lockers. Which can be found here http://arb.com.au/arb-air-locker-video.php

They demonstrate how they work!

Andy

Comment

One of the mags mid last year had a review of 3 4x4's - one with dual lockers, one with traction control and one with a lsd. The conclussion was lockers are good on 4wd's without traction control, but in normal situations (sand/mud) they reported that it was difficult to judge them any better than traction control. I'll see if I can dig it up.
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Eastie View Post
        One of the mags mid last year had a review of 3 4x4's - one with dual lockers, one with traction control and one with a lsd.
        Toyota Monthly/Action

Issue 110
        'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Well Im not 100% about mud but I know in sand having traction contol can more then often be worse then nothing at all. The thing is it slows you down to much. In sand as it brakes back left wheel(because its slipping abit as u try to power up that dune), now the back right is slipping as a result so now it gets braked and back and forth it goes. I have seen this in effect as a ford of some sort was trying to get off the beach but he just could not get any speed with the breaks twitching on all the wheels. Im sure mud would be much the same story. In contrast my lil open diff vitara just hummed up the dune sure a lil wheel spin but that dont matter in sand.

Cheers,
          Jack
          1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X